“Spoil yourself!”

The Fish House
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Special occasions, Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: At The Fish House, our job is to buy the best available produce on a daily basis then try not to mess with it too much. We are heavily influenced by Southern Europe. That being said, we believe in the simple pleasures of olive oil and lemon juice, rather than butter & cream.
Reviewed March 22, 2013

The service was impeccable. Very professional. We liked the fact that we saw the whole fish before it was sent to the kitchen. The views from the restaurant are stunning on a bright sunny day. The wine list is excellent too.

Reviewed March 22, 2013

Our daughter wanted to have her birthday with the familly here. Since the restarant has windows that open to the sea at Burleigh Beach, I booked ahead for a table on the front. I was disappointed when we arrived that the windows weren't open as we'd liked to have heard the ocean. Seafood is rarely my first choice when dining, but I'd been assured it was very good. Our waitress, Iman was very pleasant and efficient and explained the menus. We shared scallops with leeks between the four of us and char grilled octopus. Both were tender and delicious. My daughter and I chose John Dory for mains, my husband trout from Tasmania and my son, Skate which is from an eagle ray which for some reason kind of freaks me out as I like rays - they seem to have personalities - unlike a lot os sealife - but then I like lambs and pigs too, so I need to get over that! The mains arrived with an enormous helping of sides placed in the centre of the table - fresh green beans, lettuce salad and potatoes Dauphoise. You could order as much of these veggie offerings as you wanted. My son decided his choice was the best, quite a "meaty" feel to the skate and a nice flavour. I can't say the Dory was particularly flavoursome, i could have just eaten the vegetables. My husband wasn't overly impressed with the trout either. The bill for 2 entrees & 4 mains came to $280 for 4 people including one bottle of wine and 2 bottles of sparkling water. We were too full for dessert. Would I go again? I doubt it. For me the charm would have been in having the windows open, it wasn't raining at the time we were there but is was a warm night. Also the music was too loud and we found ourselves shouting to be heard.

3  Thank Aussiewriter
Reviewed March 20, 2013

This new restaurant is absolutely excellent - the fish dishes are simply fantastic. Service excellent. Location excellent. All round excellent. The view of the ocean and the beach is fantastic. It's not cheap but you get what you pay for and in this case it's excellence.

Reviewed March 20, 2013

The menu was spectacular, service was prompt and location unbeatable . The Raw Plate was a star. Impressive wine list
Just one little issue staff offered to debone the whole fish at the table, it took forever and fish was still full of bones

Reviewed March 19, 2013

Spoil yourself and enjoy an extended lunch on a sunny Sunday overlooking the beach. Welcomed upon arrival by the professional and friendly wait staff we were shown to our table next to the large open windows facing the water. Complimentary bread with nob of butter and olive oil served by wait staff to your plate was delicious. We had to go for seconds it was so fresh. Entrees...my pan fried scallops cooked to perfection...just done so still tender swimming in olive oil, balsamic and topped with baby leeks. Exquisite flavours. We ordered 2 whole fish to share among 3 guests with the waiter cutting the fish at our table. Sides of steamed beans/olive tapenade, layered potato gratin, dressed lettuce accompanied the fish and was so well suited to any of the fish based menu items. Prior to cooking you are shown the fish you have chosen to check for freshness. A lovely personal touch. As they are whole fish you will need to be mindful of bones but licking the juices from your fingers only adds to the experience. Attentive but not intrusive staff are the 'heroes' at this restaurant along with the amazing food. Keep room for dessert- we shared the lemon tart which was also delicious. Bookings essential as it is very busy. Prices are on the high side but it is definitely worth paying for such high quality food, service and location.