“Great food and service - beware of the marketing!”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Georges Paragon

Georges Paragon
Ranked #33 of 166 Restaurants in Burleigh Heads
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Australian, Seafood
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Sunshine Coast, Queensland, Australia
“Great food and service - beware of the marketing!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2014

Had lunch here, overlooking the beach, and the service and food were both excellent. Quite formal in what is an informal area. One word of warning though about the “half price menu” that draws you in – in fact the published menu is already “half price” so don’t expect to pay half those prices! Apparently it means they’re half the prices of other George’s Paragons (not that any come up on Trip Advisor) but I do feel it’s a bit confusing to the passing punter. Recommended.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank Rodney W

Havelock North
“Seafood specialties”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2014

A group of us went to this restaurant, most of us being our first time, through recommendations of the others. We all enoyed what we ordered, were treated well by the professional staff. Was a la carte, so more expensive than others, meals not large, but worth their value.

• Visited December 2013
Tamworth, Australia
“Stick with Sanctuary Cove”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2013

In the Burleigh Heads area so called in to have lunch at Georges big mistake I know it may not be fair to compare it to Sanctuary Cove but how bad could it be well the entrée of prawns was very poor the prawns were water soaked and limp both mains were over cooked which was just careless the salad was returned and adjusted off the bill.

Went to Sanctuary Cove yes even after this experience have never had a problem with Georges in this location the food was perfect. I would suggest they take a very close look at Burleigh and get a new chef

• Visited November 2013
2 Thank patmore9903
Gold Coast, Queensland, Australia
“Disappointed”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2013

We are regular George's Paragon diners - Sanctuary Cove, Tamborine Mountain and Tallebudgera - this particular restaurant location holds a special place in our hearts as it was the last restaurant the family all went to prior to my father's passing so yesterday we headed back there for his two year anniversary.

My mother was looking forward to the caesar salad as she had recently ordered this up at Tamborine Mountain and it was absolutely amazing - large servings, lashings of dressing, soft, moist chicken and beautifully presented. I was looking forward to the lamb fillets in a creamy garlic sauce.

Unfortunately when the food came out - it looked nothing like the caesar salad on the mountain my mother recently ordered. The chicken was not even edible as it was rock hard and dry as a bone! My sister ordered the caesar salad with the prawns and these were overcooked and extremely rubbery. The was a drizzle of dressing - the serving size was very much smaller than that of Tamborine Mountain - seemed it was all lettuce and dry chicken and prawns. My mother couldn't even get through one mouthful of the chicken as it was too dry. My lamb seemed to be marinated in lemon as it was so tangy and had a strong taste of citrus rather than being saturated in a creamy garlic sauce.

When the meals came out initially the caesar salads arrived 10 minutes after everyone else's meal, the waiter didn't come around with the cracked pepper as they usually do and we had to ask for the tartare sauce for the calamari. The restaurant wasn't even that busy so I'm not sure why we had to wait so long for everything including the water - which wasn't even cold. And a funny thing when the waiter brought out the very late caesar salads, he stood there looking around and asked "who had the caesar salads" when clearly everyone else had their food and was nearly finished because the salads were so late in coming out!!!!!

They really dropped the ball at Tallebudgera today even though George himself was dining just behind us when we arrived. Of course he had 2 waiters on his table, waiting on him hand and foot but it seems that even though we had a table of 9 we had to ask for service!

We usually love George's and have never had a bad experience and unfortunately will probably not be going back to the Tallebudgera location for a long, long time, if ever! It is really disappointing given that it was a very sentimental day for us all and we spent up large for 9 people - feels like we wasted out money on below average food which put a damper on the occasion.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank Melissa K
Gold Coast
“Georges Burleigh Express Dining - great seafood”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2013

we have tried this three times now, taking overseas visitors and friends as well as our very fussy son, and each time it has lived up to expectations. Stand outs for me are the seafood chowder, the bbq baby octopus, and bugs. Hubby, a non seafood person, still has several meals to choose from, usually fillet mignon, hold the mushrooms, and my fussy son loved his lasagne with lots of parmesan. Our friends are big foodies too and they really enjoyed their meals here.

All the staff are men which I actually really like, they are well trained and attentive, delivering bread rolls to each side plate with tongs, pouring wine correctly and keeping the other drinks coming. And can I just say, their tiramisu is to die for, to hell with the diet. They also have some other delicious desserts, my good intentions always disappear once I see other diners ordering deserts here. Good wine list with a great selection of imports and domestic wines, and of course greek Ouzo.

They advertise this as half price main meals lunch and dinner, already discounted on the menu. So it seems like the appetisers and desserts are quite pricey while mains aren't (I think the main prices are half what the other Georges restaurants charge) . Its usually a special night out, three courses each so the bill still mounts up but quality food, good service and consistent which I really appreciate. I've got a feeling this is "Express, no reservations, just wait to be seated" but we usually get seated pretty quickly s

• Visited July 2013