“Great accommodation and friendly staff”

Key Largo Apartments
Reviewed November 5, 2012

We recently attended a wedding at the Gold Coast and we found this little gem. The staff were exceptionally helpful and lovely to deal with from the moment I contacted them regarding availability. When we arrived (with our 8 week old) our room wasn't quite cleaned and they were going to find somewhere for us to get ready, thankfully it was finished 5 minutes after we arrived. The room was one of the older style room but still very clean and comfortable and the same applied to the grouds. I would happily stay there again. It is also in a great location, close to the beach and plenty of places to have a good breakfast in the morning.

Room Tip: There are no lifts so if you would have a young family I would request a downstairs room
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Jodest

Reviewed October 21, 2012

Key Largo apartments are fantastic, I love this property. My family and I have been back now more than 3 times.
The apartment has everything that you require for a home away from home.
Angela and Kim are the perfect hosts.
Everything around the grounds is perfectly maintained.
We will be back again.

1  Thank KME
Reviewed October 16, 2012

We had the best time because every night we came "home" we had peace, eccellent amenities, pool and spa. We slept well, in comfort and ease. We had everything we needed in the apartment and if we needed help with our days events Kim and Angela were warm, friendly and extremely knowledgeable. Loved having a banter with you and loved staying with you. Hope that we are welcome back!!

• Stayed: October 2012
2  Thank meerhermhamm
Reviewed October 11, 2012

The apartment was well equipped, spacious and close to beach. The pool was perfectly maintained and the BBQ was pristine! We were a family of four and we had a great time there. The hosts were knowledgeable and friendly.

The place review would move to excellent simply if the kitchen equipment was more complete and if we had been informed the fan in the bedroom didn't work at check in time.

I highly recommend the place to couples, families and for business.

1  Thank JudyWez
Reviewed October 11, 2012

This is the second time we have stayed here and this will be our permanent accomodation preference when travelling to Gold coast to visit family. it is in the perfect location for us, so close to the beach perfect playing area for the kids pool and fantastic bbq area which is always kept clean to the highest standards. A fantastic spot we love it.

Room Tip: We preferred the ground floor apartment so the kids could go in and out and play as they pleased
Reviewed October 11, 2012

Angela made us feel like we had been staying at key largo for years . The apartments are in a fantastic spot and close to everything . The grounds are immaculate and she does a fantastic Job of keep them that way . We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and are looking forward to returning in 2013 . Woolaston family

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed September 3, 2012

I have stayed here many times over the years. Each apartment is very different as they are individually owned. I have always enjoyed my stays.

I booked an apartment (apart 12) 12 months in advance for 2 weeks as we were not satisfied where we had been staying the previous two years. We couldn't view the apartment as it was occupied at that time.

I encouraged my sister & her young family to book also for two weeks, so I was extremely disappointed to see on our arrival our outdated/VERY tired apartment & her newly refurbished one (same tariff). My sister's apartment was magnificent and I felt very disappointed we were not at least advised on booking that we were to get an older/outdated one.

The queen bed in our apartment was that old (at a guess 30 years), that the springs stuck into our backs. The children's beds were also very uncomfortable.

The kitchen lacked most utensils, no knives to prepare dinner with, basic everything. It was like the owners went to an op shop to buy the cheapest & oldest kitchen items possible. There were moldy artificial flowers, drawers difficult to open. The bathroom had been updated, but the shower flooded with water very quickly as there was no run off for the water to flow into the drain; so you just stand in lots of soapy water.

Staff very helpful & friendly, but as a recent reviewed stated, within a few days, the scaffolders arrived, then the painters. It did not bother us, but my sister's apartment/balcony was covered with scaffolding for almost the entire holiday.

The BBQ is great, but smoking is allowed and too bad if you plan to cook & eat there as smokers are entitled to stay and blow all over you. We wanted a family BBQ with our young kids, but needed to leave due to the numerous smokers. Management informed us that despite being an eating area (tables, chairs etc), they could not stop the smokers (even ashtray provided on the ground). Not good for young children, as my son was picking up ciggie butts from the ash tray.

Overall, I would stay there again, but only if I had an updated apartment.

Our backs are still recovering from that horrible old bed.

Room Tip: Request an updated room or do not stay!
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family