“Surf, Cycle, and Hospitality”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ulladulla
Surf House Narrawallee
Reviewed December 3, 2013

I was treated like gold at the surf house. I arrived late but was warmly welcomed and shown to my well appointed room and had a great conversation with my hosts. They took a genuine interest in me, and my progress traveling in Australia. I woke to find the kitchen spectacular with sunshine and my hosts eager to share breakfast get me in the water to try surfing. They put a surfboard and wetsuit at my disposal and even found time to get me started at the nearby beach (50m). Wiped out after 2 hours learning to read the waves and rise above them I recovered with an excellent latte in the kitchen and praise for my moderate surfing success. I also borrowed a bike and toured the nearby town and beaches. My visit was characterized by friendliness, encouragement, adventure and comfort. If this is a hostel, I'd take it over the Ritz anytime.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
Steve_n_Jen_Campbell, Owner at Surf House Narrawallee, responded to this reviewResponded December 12, 2013

David was a great guest. He arrived late but was keen to know everything about the place. We enjoyed the stories of his travels. After that it was all systems go. He appreciated the hospitality and the availability of our gear. We loved having him and hope that one day our paths may cross again.

There are newer reviews for Surf House Narrawallee

Reviewed December 1, 2013

Only there for a day but I'm keen to go back. Great set up, relaxing, fed like a king, made to feel so welcome, great location. If you're looking for a nice spot to unwind a bit and enjoy the sights and sounds of the beach and bush, you won't be disappointed.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business

Rosco was part of a small crew that used the Surf House for a mini conference. He appreciated all that we could do in hosting the event and it was particularly evident that he enjoyed the surrounds and hospitality. He and the whole CS crew were special.

Reviewed November 30, 2013

We stayed at Surf house Narrawalle with a group of about 8 people and some extras that came over to hang out during saturday. It was an excellent weekend in which we all felt very spoilt. We were able to enjoy the pool table and surfing while Steve and Jen looked after us in any way we asked and every way they could think of. They only problem was that it was a little hard to sleep because of the anticipation of a good surf in the morning. This is a usual problem for me. I will be back with my wife at some stage. Thanks Steve and Jen.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends

Troy was part of a small CS South Coast crew that used the facility here for a weekend conference. He was one of a wonderful bunch and we loved serving he and the crew with all the hospitality we could muster ... and they lapped it up. We loved his appreciation of the Surf House and we hope to see he and his wife down here for a different kind of weekend away. Thanks for coming Troy.

Reviewed November 27, 2013

My best friend and I came to Surf House Narrawallee to escape the city, to reflect, unwind, rest, and enjoy. We stayed for just 2 nights, and we simply fell in love with Surf House. We felt so welcomed by the hospitable friendliness of Steve and Jen. The house is immensely clean, the beds are comfortable, the breakfast was simply delicious, the location is 5 minutes drive to the shops, and literally 2 minutes walk to the beach!!

Highly Recommended accommodation to stay when heading down south.

We were seriously sad to leave.
But definitely look forward to returning again sometime in the future :)

Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends

Sylvia and Perry stayed with us for two short nights. They were wonderful guests and they really appreciated the hospitality that we could offer them. They couldn't do enough in regards to the array of recreational opportunities and wished they could have stayed longer. They were friendly and courteous and we loved the opportunities that they sought to share with us. We are hoping that they will return one day soon.

Reviewed November 25, 2013

My time down at Ulladulla was great. I was down there doing a dog grooming course for 2 weeks which was an amazing experience. I had to ride everyday to work 6km which was a bit of a hike but i managed to get through it all. I realised I had to stay somewhere to sleep everynight so i found the surfhouse on the internet which looked like a nice place to stay so I chose it. Jen and Steve are amazing people had a lot of fun with them would love to come back again for sure just for a weekend!

Room Tip: Choose the one that I slept near it looks out from the window staright to the ocean amazing views ha...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business

Georgie's stay here was a little unusual as it extended over two great weeks. This was her first serious stay away from home and after a day, you would not have picked it. She was friendly and bubbly and enjoyed time both by herself and with us in the kitchen. She was amazingly tidy, keeping her room spotless and tidy (we didn't have to do a thing!) and she enjoyed the availability of the bike for getting into town. I hope that she and maybe her parents might venture back here one day to enjoy a different type of trip. Thanks Georgie for being a wonderful guest.

Reviewed October 22, 2013

Best hospitality! It felt like you were staying over a friend's place, such was the welcome you received from the owners, Steve and Jen. Best location -you can see the beach from the window! Awesome brekky, clean, comfortable rooms and you just felt safe. Best hostel I've ever stayed in!!

• Stayed: August 2013
Steve_n_Jen_Campbell, Owner at Surf House Narrawallee, responded to this reviewResponded November 26, 2013

Sera and her three friends stay here was a delight. They were friendly, bubbly and very willing to share in our communal aspects around our big brekky. I would highly recommend them as fantastic guests.

Reviewed July 12, 2013

We were travelling down the coast road from Sydney to Melbourne and stayed here two nights as our first stop. Jen and Steve were away so their daughter A was our host - she is a friend of ours, but we were there as paying guests so this is still a genuine review!

It was a very wet weekend, unfortunately, so we had a lot of time to enjoy the warmth and cosiness of the house, reading by the fire. We were able to enjoy a walk on the beach with A the evening we arrived when the rained stopped for a bit, and we also went for an enjoyable walk up to the inlet in the rain, which was quite atmospheric!

The breakfasts were great (bacon, eggs etc the first day, pancakes with all things delicious the second day) and it was excellent to be able to cook for ourselves and make our own lunch in the kitchen.

Sleep quality for us was not great, but mainly just because I had a cold and was coughing a lot. The bed was definitely warm enough and fairly comfortable (those bunk doubles can be tricky to get in and out of if you're sleeping on the wall!). There were two other lots of guests the first night but we hardly saw them so even with all rooms in use it didn't seem at all crowded

Over all, it was a great relaxing start to our holiday, just what we needed.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ulladulla
Bannisters by the sea
Bannisters Pavilion
Bannisters Pavilion
#1 of 13 in Mollymook
Harbour View Serviced Apartments

Been to Surf House Narrawallee? Share your experiences!