Sandpiper Motel
Sandpiper Motel
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Ulladulla
Reviewed March 7, 2013

We stayed in the Sandpiper Motel on our way to the Prom and found it to be a very good place to stay the night. The rooms were clean and well equipped. Staff was friendly and helpful. The only drawback of Ulladulla is there is little to do but if you are passing through this is the place to stay.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed February 14, 2013

We stayed for 2 nigths in this motel.
The rooms were of good quality with the Fridge, TV and AC.
Room's bathroom was a bit small but quite clean and cozy.
The hotel reception was helpful and approachable.
Location of the hotel is just 7-10 minutes walk south to the main shopping plaza with Coles and WoolWorth. 5 mins of drive north of the city you can find a decent Mollymook Beach.

However, the city of Ulladulla seemed too boring for our group of friends. We went out to the city for nightlife on Saturday to find only one small bar opened. Expect no nightlife or entertainment in Ulladulla! Maybe that is why we did not enjoy that much our stay at this nice hotel.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 2, 2013

We stayed in the Family Room overnight while on tour of VIC/NSW. This is a fairly obsolete motel on the main road with an enjoyable swimming pool and BBQ area. Our kids received a voucher into local Fun Land upon arrival which was nice but the play centre had a number of equipment in not working condition. The room was small and definitely not soundproof. The air-con wasn't much effective. Next door guests conversed loudly into the night which didn't create much peace for sleep and room enjoyment. At 5am next morning, as they were leaving the motel in a noisy havoc, they woke up all of us and must've woken up everybody else at the motel. Motel owners seemed to have carelessly ignored all of it without intervention. At $190, it's poor value.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Family-von-Sydney
SandpiperUlladulla, Owner at Sandpiper Motel, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2013

Thank you Family von Sydney for your review. The first I heard of your discomfort was after you left. I was cleaning rooms and you gave your key to my 11 yr old daughter and complained to her. Naturally she didnt know what to do or say and told me later. I must emphasize that at no time during the noise did you try to contact me to advise of your concerns. There is a night bell and the telephone that ring (very loudly) next to my bed. Had you made contact with me at the time I would have been able to have a word with the other guests. Also, our residence is on the other side of the motel so we don't (and didn't) hear all noise from the family room area. We have a maintenance report card in the room which we ask guests to note if any thing needs attention. You did not mention the air conditioner on that card (or anything else). I have no control over what time guests choose to leave and likewise no control over the lack of respect they have shown to other guests while departing. As for the price, your stay with us was in peak season and in comparison to other motels in the area that cater for children, we are rated as best value. Its good to see that there was no concern about the cleanliness, service, facilities and location. I resent your label 'fairly obsolete motel" which I believe was written in frustration by someone seemingly unable to confront conflict at the time of occurance. The Funland vouchers provided are $20 value each child at no expense to you. I'm sure the kids had a great time regardless of the maintenance they were doing which again is beyond my control.

Reviewed January 16, 2013

Good location in Ulladulla, nice pool and pool area, owners are friendly and helpful. Kids loved the free voucher for local attraction, Funland. Rooms were clean & have a good shower. Bed was comfortable....Big Downside, aircon didn't work in room.

• Stayed: January 2013
3  Thank asaintly1
SandpiperUlladulla, Owner at Sandpiper Motel, responded to this reviewResponded February 6, 2013

Hi asaintly1, Thank you for your review. I did send you an email same day as this was posted to find out what room you were staying in so I could check the air con but got no response. The only Room that advised us of an aircon not working during January was Room 1 (I'm assuming that was you?) and that was then left unoccupied until a replacement was installed 3 days later. We have also checked air cons in all rooms weekly since. Im glad you & your kids had a good time despite the heat, fires and chaos of evacuations. We look forward to welcoming you to Ulladulla again. Regards Cathy

Reviewed January 11, 2013 via mobile

room was small but for just a 1 night stay.. didnt need anything else.. helpful chatty and friendly owners.. happy to allow us to leave our camper trailer there while we explored the town.. reccommend anyone to stay there

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank georgiafletcher
Reviewed January 5, 2013

Nice Neat n Tidy. Very friendly staff and Managers. The Kids loved the pool and location is close to shops. The rooms were very clean and the beds are good. Will be staying there again for sure. My family were staying at a more expensive motel up the road which in no way came up to the standard of this motel.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Grant N
Reviewed December 10, 2012

Stayed here for only one night during our roadtrip. The room was spacious and very clean. We had all comfort ... plus a lot of good advice from the friendly owner (it think she was the owner?). I would recommend this property.

Room Tip: Ask for the free shuttle to the town club & centre (only during the weekends I think)