“Best dessert ever!”

Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Cafe by Day,, Restaurant by Night..Superb Location & Cuisine
Reviewed April 27, 2013 via mobile

Had a meal at Tilmans restaurant, service was non existing, had dessert and coffee at The Boatshed. Wow what a surprise, it was exquisite!!!!!

Reviewed April 20, 2013

Excellent location over the water. Service and food excellent. Very well priced. Great for breakfast.

Reviewed March 31, 2013

Stopped here on way back to Sydney. Location is tired but nice. Food is on par with a corner fish and chip shop. Deep fried extravaganza is the gist of it. A chiko roll wouldn't have stood out on the menu.
Upon checkout they tried to charge us $200 more than what ordered. Turned out they were trying to have us pay for everything that'd been ordered on that table for the day. Rather than be apologetic I was made to feel a liar and continually questioned and presented with a bill longer than a spoilt child's Christmas wish list. I can only assume it was the manager I was dealing with. After pointing out I hadn't had the muesli and bottle of Chardonnay amongst the numerous other things our waitress was finally brought over and it the problem was SLOWLY fixed. No apology at any stage and no goodbye. Horrible attitude. Strongly suggest not going here for poor food, un drinkable tap water and nasty manager.

1  Thank Aruboy
Reviewed March 21, 2013

I have just spent a few days at Hawks Nest and ate twice at the Boatshed, once for lunch and then again for dinner. Both meals were faultless and the service both at lunch and dinner was extremely professional. We had the seafood platter for lunch which was great value and a lovely variety of seafood. For dinner my husband and I both had 2 entrees, simply because the choice on the entree list appealed to us more than the main course choices. The seafood platter for dinner was extremely expensive although I am sure it is a much more elaborate affair than the lunchtime platter. Our water glasses were filled constantly as were our wine glasses. The wine list is extensive with a good choice of both reds and whites.
The location on the riverfront is fabulous at lunchtime, especially when the weather is perfect, as it was for us!

Reviewed March 19, 2013

Enjoyed a special occasion meal at the Boatshed and had a lovely table on the water. Our food was good as was the service. The restaurant is not big and several larger groups came in as we were finishing our meal and it began to feel crowded and loud. Be advised the Boatshed is probably the priciest restaurant in the area - in my opinion there are a few other choices with same quality of food with a slightly lower price. That said, we enjoyed our experience at the Boatshed.