“Great service, lovely food and fantastic coffee with homemade fudge”
Review of Geppy's Seaside Restaurant - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Geppy's Seaside Restaurant
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed July 14, 2013

We stopped in for a bite to eat for lunch and were really pleased with the service, they were fast and very sweet and smiling. Nothing was too much trouble. All of our food was great, particularly the salmon salad - was great value. Coffee was one of the best we've had. Lovely people, great place to eat out and topped off with billion views. I honestly can't understand what restaurant some of these other reviewers went too?

Reviewed March 17, 2013

We went for lunch and enjoyed a lovely meal at a front table with great views to the beach and a nice cold, cheap beer. My husband gave the seal of approval to the Flathead fillets and chips. They were lightly battered and crisply fried in fresh oil with what seemed to be a homemade tartare sauce. (Yum for dipping the chips in!)
I had a Caesar Salad which was huge and very tasty.
Went back the next day for a shared Steak Sandwich with Camembert and caramelised onions and while the steak was a bit chewy, the overall flavor was indulgent! I heard from friends that their dinner menu is good as well. We'll be back!

1  Thank frankettey
Reviewed February 1, 2013

This restaurant has a wonderful outlook and it is a pleasure to sit there are look at the beach. It is a pit that the food is not up to standard. Coffee is not up to standard either.

I would love it to be good as it is so handy to everything!

1  Thank Lynne W
Reviewed January 16, 2013

I would have thought by selecting the "blackboard special" of the day, it would be fresh and local. Atlantic Salmon with a Dill and Mustard sauce $27......what I actually got was 3/4 plate of frozen chips and a very dry small piece of salmon that tasted like it came from the freezer section of the local IGA......the only part that was 'fine dining' was the cracked pepper that was offered.....so much potential if the owners would only listen to these constructive comments.?.....the waitress/owner was very rude, even to the point of not giving us our change from paying....I guess she PRESUMED the change was her tip.

2  Thank Suzanne H
Reviewed January 15, 2013

No wonder Geppi's was the only restaurant that was empty in South West Rocks. The food was appalling..... frozen chips with everything. Nothing was fresh or seasonal but overpriced pub grub.

2  Thank Susan221979