“Disappointing ”

Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed January 21, 2020 via mobile

In spite of many positive reviews I find Trial Bay Kiosk unwelcoming and the service unfriendly. It’s in a prime location overlooking the superb Trial Bay and after its refurbishment last year looks amazing. I’ve been there at number of times for morning tea and a couple of lunches and while the main meal food is good the service is poor and it seems as if the staff are overly efficient and want you to eat and run. The morning tea offerings are virtually ‘token’ with no house-made baked goods at all. Quality hospitality training for the staff would go a long way to improve the atmosphere and ‘feeling’ of this restaurant. I can’t ever recommend this place to my visitors to SWR and even when they do eat there come away with similar feelings about it.

Date of visit: January 2020
Write a reviewReviews (332)

Reviewed January 2, 2020 via mobile

What a great view and a lovely lunch, the food was well presented and a treat to eat. Always a must when visiting The Rocks!
Serving sizes were perfect for lunch and the wine was excellent opting for a Margaret River Sem Sav Blanc - great wine list not run of the mill!! Would recommend a visit !!!! Sorry I forgot to take a picture before I ate but you get the idea - nothing left all good!!

Reviewed January 2, 2020 via mobile

We have been coming to SWR for many years.
Trial Bay Kiosk under Adrian and Nicci has always been a destination for us serving the best coffee in town and an excellent and well priced menu whether breakfast, lunch or dinner.

This visit with the overdue renovations completed adds to the ambience and further enhances the quality of the food and service.

If you are visiting or a local of SWR you would be doing yourselves a disservice in not frequenting this excellent restaurant.

Just sensational.

Reviewed December 11, 2019 via mobile

Amazing perfect fantastic coffee!! We are not local and as you would all know, finding a good coffee is a must when travelling with children or alone. We stopped here at random on our way to the beach and have been back twice now for the coffee! Highly recommended!! They have a great view from the veranda, beautifully friendly staff and some toys for the kids to play with.

Date of visit: December 2019
Reviewed November 24, 2019 via mobile

It’s been a while since we have eaten here and having heard about the renovations and new menu, we decided it was time to visit again.
The renovations are indeed lovely and the outdoor seating is comfortable and very pleasant. The view is simply stunning.

I’m giving only an average rating because the meal sizes were so small. I ordered the lamb kofta and it was two tiny skewers on a rocket and red onion salad. I’ve had entrees that have been larger. Hubby ordered a seafood dish and it was tiny being some small prawns and a few scallops with a tiny coleslaw salad. Again, I’ve seen many entrees larger!

Our friends ordered more appropriately sized meals being the salmon fish of the day and the angel hair seafood pasta dish. Having said this the meals were not large.

Unfortunately we left feeling hungry which was disappointing. Some attention needs to be on addressing the portion size.

Date of visit: November 2019