“Best money for value cafe in the eastern suburbs”
Review of Teascapes Cafe - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Teascapes Cafe
Cuisines: Cafe
Sydney
“Best money for value cafe in the eastern suburbs”
Reviewed March 3, 2012

Best money for value cafe in the eastern suburbs especially if u livearound the area. The portions are massive and definitely worth every penny.. definitely a must..

Sydney
“Pleasant cafe - usually pleasant staff”
Reviewed October 28, 2009

Teascapes is located in Perouse Road, a few minutes' walk from the Ritz Cinema. It has something of a a cinephile decor with walls plastered with old film posters and stills and promotional fliers from all sorts of films (both old and current releases) all around. There is a mixture of normal coffee-shop tables, a couple of longer benches and two window nooks with large, comfortable armchairs. Yes, the place is a little kitsch but it's quiet and unassuming and that appeals to me.

I've only ever had coffee and cake here, and on that score the place does well. I've always been happy with my coffee (they seem to use a nice blend and the staff have been able to use the machinery properly when I've been there) and they always have a very good selection of cakes in their display case. I've had some lovely slices of lemon tart, chocolate-hazelnut cake and a very nice baked cheesecake here. Prices are a little on the dear side of average, but not onerously so.

I have not had a main meal there before, but I think it makes a nice place to walk down to for a cup of coffee after a film for a chat with some friends or to curl up in one of the armchairs and read. Teascapes stays open quite late - I've seen it open until 10pm on weeknights - which is good, as most other cafes around The Spot close quite early on weeknights.

One thing I have noticed: there are some really friendly, personable staff at the cafe. I have been there other times and felt the some of the staff were a little gruff and uninviting - so my experience of the staff has varied. It's a little quibble, though, in the scheme of things.

2 Thank snr_sydney