“A clean and quiet stay”
Review of Alison Lodge

Alison Lodge
“A clean and quiet stay”
Reviewed March 26, 2014 via mobile

The lodge is within walking distance to PoW and UNSW. It is a cheap stay but this because most of the rooms have shared bathrooms. However, the rooms are clean, have a kitchenette and table & chairs (even the single rooms), and in my four stays there I haven't had to wait to use the shared bathroom.

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Reviewed March 11, 2014

I stayed here 3 separate times over 2 months. The first time was in a family room with a single and double bed, the double was made(where my friend slept) but my single only had a blanket and a matress protector. No sheets or pillowcase. The second time was in a single room, the size of the room was good, but my bed was not made very well at all. And I wasn't given a tea towel to dry my dishes or soap, shampoo and conditioner like I was given on my previous stay. When I asked for a tea towel I was given a few squares of an old bath towel to use. There was also no plug for the in room sink. On my 3rd stay we werent given a tea towel again. The room was a good size but it was quite hot. Overall I would stay here again. The fridge and microwave were both good and the bed was comfortable enough. The location was good as I was visiting someone in Prince of Wales Hospital.

• Stayed February 2014
Armidale, Australia
Reviewed February 24, 2014

I stayed here while settling my son into his self-catering accommodation at UNSW. It was very convenient - only a 10 minute stroll up to where he was, and the same distance for a walk around Centennial Park in the morning. Bus transport in this area is also excellent. My premium room had a comfortable double bed and kitchenette with sink, microwave, bar fridge and table.I had thought there would be a balcony too, but that didn't really matter because I was only there to sleep and have breakfast. Alison Rd is busy, but my room faced a side street so there was not too much noise coming through my window at night. There were two shared bathrooms nearby - both were clean every time I used them and the only minor issue was that the water flow was variable, probably due to the house being old and the pressure fluctuating depending on who else was running a tap. One other thing that would be easier to fix is the lack of soap and paper towels in the bathroom for handwashing after using the toilet - I don't usually take my own supplies to the bathroom unless I am having a shower. Overall, this accommodation had everything I required at a reasonable price and I would happily stay there again.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Janene C
Hamburg, Germany
Reviewed February 19, 2014

Positive: Just a 20 min drive from the airport (35 Dollar).
Negative:
The manager is unbelievable unfriendly and unprofessional. She was everytime very rude. After 4 months of traveling this is our first accomondation where we did not feel us welcome. Here it is not allowed to use a deo or other aero sprays (otherwise 100 dollar penalty) because of the fire alarm, and 250 dollar extra if the fire alarm goes on. In the home rules stands, that the manager has got the right to come in the room anytime and if she finds a deo you will have to pay ... In the shared bathroom was a sign that it is not allowed to take a shower longer then 10 minutes and you should take it in the morning or afternoon. Everywhere are crazy penalties and rules like this. We just want to make nice holidays in sydney. This accomondation is definitly the wrong place for holidays. The room smells and unfortunately it is not allowed to use a room spray. Only the manager is unfriendly the other staff seems to be friendly

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Timo S

Travelers are raving about these Randwick hotels

Auckland Region, New Zealand
Reviewed December 6, 2013

There are places you rent and then, there are experiences you can't replace. I showed up in Sydney with an awful cold and just wanted a place to rest my head. Got this place off a typical hotel search but this place is anything but that. Super clean, excellent location and did I mention the Saint Joanna (the manager) is there to make any and everything accommodation for you.. She could see that I was in no shape to site see and took care of me accordingly. Lemon and honey teas, fresh blueberries and the sweetest nurturing care. I couldn't have made it without her. On my final day, my flight to NZ wasn't until the afternoon and she allowed me to rest with a warm blanket on the lobby couch until depature... Extremely thoughtful and one of kind.....So I guess what I'm saying is that, you can go rent a hostel or a high end hotel room and get away with it, but you would never receive the hospitality and concern for customers that the Alison Lodge offers and follows through with... Thank you again Alison Lodge and a special thanks to Joanna the Saint on Church St.... 5 stars no matter how you look at it. Thanks

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Nate L
Reviewed November 26, 2013

Myself and my partner are currently in Australia on a WHV and we were tired of sharing a room with other people in hostels so we thought we would try out this lodge. We were firstly put into room 14 - which every morning we were woke up by pigeons, okay if you are heading off to work, not so good if wanting a lie in. Other than that good value. Small room - short term stay I would recommend, perfect for a weekend. Staff were very helpful. Clean and tidy, quiet. Close to shops and buses into the city.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Brownie4789
Reviewed September 10, 2013

I came to Sydney for a conference at the UNSW for a few days and was highly recommended for a friend who regularly come to Sydney ... , well was a really nice place to be very affordable, clean the staff very helpful & friendly and the bed was so comfortable., definitely I recommend this charming Lodge 110%
Cheers