“Great staff, good food”

Ranked #9 of 571 Restaurants in Randwick
Cuisines: Spanish
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Take your tastebuds to Spain at Del Punto! Opposite Randwick Ritz Cinema in The Spot, Del Punto is known for our tasty tapas menu, our delicious selection of Sangrias & Cocktails and signature traditional Paella.
Reviewed February 11, 2014

A lovely looking venue, bigger on the inside than it looks. Seated by the front window under the aircon which dripped onto the table and me all through our meal. Server did warn us, but why not just service the aircon? The girls who served us, start to finish were some if the loveliest servers, patient, smiley, attentive, really really nice without being OTT. We ordered 8 dishes for 5 which came quickly so others may want to stretch out their evening. Sangria jug was delicious. We ignored the menu setup and just ordered what sounded nice, whether it to nibble, on a stick or a "main" seemed to make no difference to price or size. Comp sour dough bread with aioli came first yum. The Jamon while not the umami dark ruby red goodness of Iberico was fine for the price. The meatballs and tortilla good as fillers and good for kids palettes. Probably the tastiest the croquettes and the sliced hot sausages. I really wish some regular bread was served with the tapas so everyone could mop up the delicious sauces and paprika flavoured oil. The comp bread at the start only allowed 1 per person and isn't for mopping :) Our staple of patatas bravas was near perfect, the sauce a dead ringer for the ones we've had in Spain but the debate over whether to include aioli continues, as this venue doesn't. Enjoyed the lively atmosphere, clean bathrooms, lovely service. Food was fine and accessible for the young ones at our table - a gentle intro to Spanish food. Nice night out for couples or groups.

Reviewed February 7, 2014

From the moment I made a booking with the lovely Briony to the farewell after a scrumptious meal, I could not fault this place. The tapas dishes emerged at the right pace, the taste was delicious and the sangria really refreshing. I had a peach sangria, hubby had lychee.The stand out dish was the garlic prawns, cooked to perfection. I have not had prawns that fresh and crunchy ever.
There were a few really loud lady customers but they provided entertainment with their antics.The waitresses were friendly and attentive, one of them Briony. It was only when we left that we realised a wonderful guitar player was seated at the outside tables serenading the customers out there. We will be back for sure. With the Ritz cinema across the road, we had a fabulous night out dinner and flick......

1  Thank mirike123
Reviewed February 5, 2014

This place is a little on the pricey side offers a delicious range of Spanish food. I had a certain gnocchi dish that was like a party in my mouth. I have been told by friends that the taste of the food is not consistent as they have tried food again and it wasn't the same. The service was decent and the place is small so if its a busy night expect to wait for a table.

Reviewed January 31, 2014

The staff were polite but have no training and are a little in your face. Food portions too large but I guess theory were trying to make up for the poor quality. Very expensive for what you get. They place looks cool but think again before entering ...

1  Thank galren_nz
Reviewed November 23, 2013

We had dinner last night in the El Bulli. Came as a nice surprise. It's a little cozy place with little but deliscious dishes. We tried a few and the traditional meat balls was the best, not to mention the sangria and the churros. I should also mention extremely friendly staff.