“very convenient”

Ranked #4 of 10 Randwick B&B and Inns
Gilgandra, New South Wales, Australia
“very convenient”
Reviewed March 5, 2014

We stayed here for 6 nights while having a family member in hospital at the royal womans. It is very close to walk to and super convenient for this purpose. Also right near the shops.
The room was clean. The bathroom was on the smaller side but still clean, just shwoing some signs of age but still fine. Comfortable beds and the reception staff were great! Very helpful.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
  • Indonesian first
Perth, Australia
Reviewed February 26, 2014

We stayed for 3 nights in Feb 2014, myself, husband and infant as part of a business trip. We were in a centre room downstairs, it was a very good size and the bed was very comfortable and clean. Bathroom was spotless even though the shower screen was showing signs of age - totally not a drama. We stayed Wednesday/Thurs/Friday nights and only heard noise from passer byes on the street corner outside our window on the Friday night - par for the course with such a central location, really. The convenience of being so close to the hospitals was beyond comparison. The reception staff were very accommodating and helpful, even printed some documents that I needed as a courtesy. We would definitely stay here again if we head back to Randwick.

Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed February 21, 2014

I booked a one-night stay at Randwick Lodge in February 2014. When I arrived just prior to 8 PM on the night of my confirmed booking, the place was all locked up. I rang the office from my mobile (while standing outside on the sidewalk) and got a message machine. I stood there wondering what to do when a guest came back and she happily let me in (very insecure!). I entered the 'lobby' (which is nothing more than a hallway with a desk) and I found a small note taped to the 'reservation desk' offering an emergency number to ring. I rang, but got another answering machine. By now it's approaching 9 PM and I have no way to get into the room I've booked, but I'm thinking I don't want to stay at this shabby place anyhow. So I caught a cab to find another place to stay. While in the cab I got a text back from the Randwick Lodge's emergency number, giving me these convoluted instructions on how to access my door key from some little hidden box inside the lobby. No thanks. In sum--this place is run by amateurs. Do not waste your time trying to make it work.

2 Thank 983Vanessa

Travelers are raving about these Randwick hotels

Newcastle, Australia
Reviewed February 20, 2014

Inconvience of parking issues - very few very cramped spaces were definitely an issue - yes, I was very lucky to get a park, but it took nearly 15 minues to extract the car out. However, the room as clean, quiet, and accpetable in the circumstances. No, it's not 5-star, but couldn't fault it for what it was and price. Needed the location in terms of medical specialist, and would stay there again.

Room Tip: Get one of the back and downstairs, although hope there is not too many noisy ones above you as you...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed February 18, 2014

Very substandard accomodation.. Sun 16th/Mon 17th February 2014 at Randwick Lodge in a Heritage Room # 25.
The accommodation was substandard to say the least.
The photos on the website are very deceiving.
There was no soaps/shampoo etc.
The walls had dust all over them.
The air vent was black.
The tiles in the shower had black mould in the grout.
There was only one towel hook for 4 towels
The sheets were dirty.
The bedhead on the double bed was not attached to the bed and kept hitting the wall when you moved.
At no time during our stay did we see the desk manned and had to help other families enter the property as no-one knew what to do or how to get their key.

I would not recommend this hotel. At $150.00 per night it certainly was not worth it..

Room Tip: GO to the website and ask for the room that reflects those photos
1 Thank RobynL147
sydney_lodges, Manager at Randwick Lodge, responded to this review, May 7, 2014
Dear RobynL147

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. I am saddened to hear of your dissapointing stay, in particular with the regards to cleanliness. I sincerely apologise that we have failed to deliver the usual standards that we are renowned for. I have personally addressed your concerns with the relevant Managers to ensure such shortcomings do not occur again in the future. My team and I hope to be given the chance to host you again in the future.

Please feel free to contact me via matthew@sydneylodges.com and i would be more than happy to personally handle a future booking for you.

Kindest regards,
Matthew Thoars
Sydney
Reviewed February 17, 2014

************************************
Staying at Randwick Lodge has been very convenient. Nice and quiet, big room, good service and nice location in Randwick to all the shops. Would stay here again, anytime. Really happy. ************************************

• Stayed February 2014
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 15, 2014

After a long flight from the uk all I wanted was a safe clean comfortable room, I got none of these! It was dirty, didn't seem safe, uncomfortable beds and no curtains! Nether the less I cut my stay short and left first thing in the morning (unfortunately had to pay a cancellation) please do not ignore the bad comments like I did! The receptionist was unhelpful and fairly rude. Nothing pleasant about my stay!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Georgi698
sydney_lodges, Manager at Randwick Lodge, responded to this review, May 7, 2014
RobynL147

Kindest regards,
Matthew Thoars
Also consider these accommodations in or near Randwick
Royal Hotel at Randwick
Perouse Lodge
#3 of 10 in Randwick
The Blenheim Randwick
#9 of 10 in Randwick

Been to Randwick Lodge? Share your experiences!