- I had specifically requested an early check-in for 7am, but was disappointed to find reception was closed and would not open till 9am later that day.
- When we were finally given access to our room, we were delighted to find the room was able to sleep 5 guests, and was quite spacious. However, the bathroom was very very small; there was barely enough room to bend over the vanity sink to brush one's teeth.
- Overall maintenance of the property was terrible, considering the age of the heritage building. Pieces of glass were missing from windows near the staircase, the curtains in our room were ripped, our fireplace (which was obviously for decoration and not for use) had a broken dustpan sitting inside. Felt a bit like an unkept horror house
- Our room was overlooking the Randwick junction. The old building does nothing to block out the outside sound, and throughout the whole night, we battled for sleep amongst the outside noises of traffic and pedestrian signals.
- $10 a night allowed me to park my car next to old cupboards and mattresses in what appeared to be more of a storage shed than a decent undercover carpark.
- During our 3 night/4 day stay, our room was NOT SERVICED once. As you can imagine, we were quick to deplete our limited supply of toilet paper and sugar sachets. Not to mention, the embarassment of having the toilet blocked on the last night of our stay! (and as there was no one at reception, our "business" had to wait till we were able to use a public toilet the next day)
- VERY MISLEADING PAYMENT DETAILS. I booked the room online, and as prompted, paid a deposit of $150 to secure my booking (well at least I thought I had). As a struggling university student, I own a debit Mastercard (not a credit card), and as such, I only ever carry a maximum of $300 on my keycard at any one time. When I was ready to complete the payment prior to check-out, I was surprised to hear the $150 deposit had not actually been taken from my account. I was not only alarmed, but also deeply offended that management (Michael or Matthew, cant remember his name) did not have the courtesy to apologise for providing misleading information on the hotel's website. He also made it clear that he would NOT attempt to correct the booking system on the website, and I was left to believe it was simply "out of his control".
Terrible terrible management, in my opinion! And a terrible end to our stay in Randwick
- Apart from the location of this hotel (walking distance to the hospital and UNSW), I would not recommend this place to anyone, and will definitely not be staying here again! I am just glad that the group of friends who stayed with me, had the decency to remain calm and cool without any complaints, despite the shambles we experienced during our stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Randwick Lodge offers accommodation in a beautifully restored, Heritage Listed building, in the center of Randwick, Sydney. Whether you are here for business or leisure, you will appreciate the central location, moments to The Prince of Wales Hospital, Sydney Children’s Hospital, Royal Women’s Hospital and the Nelune Cancer Centre. The property is also close to UNSW, Randwick Racecourse, Allianz Stadium, Sydney Cricket Ground, the Hordern Pavilion, the Entertainment Centre and Coogee Beach. Make yourself at home in the stylishly restored Heritage, Heritage Deluxe and Studio Rooms. Designed with your comfort in mind, the rooms are full of character and offer the convenience of modern technology and amenities including flat screen TV’s and free high-speed wireless internet. The property also offers a shared guest kitchen and laundry, conference room seating up to 14, a large open courtyard, and on-site parking for up to 8 cars. Breakfast lunch and dinner packages are also available. Randwick Lodge is conveniently located near public transport, travel to or from the airport or city via bus or taxi. Local restaurants, supermarkets and shopping are within easy walking distance of the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Travelocity, Agoda, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets and Hotwire so you can book your Randwick Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Randwick Hotel Randwick