“Wonderful dining experience in Sydney”
Review of Bistro Avoca

Bistro Avoca
Ranked #40 of 545 Restaurants in Randwick
Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Bistro Avoca is a contemporary restaurant offering French - Modern Australian cuisine and a selection of beers, wines and spirits at a moderate price in a relaxed and comfortable atmosphere.We pride ourselves in providing a constant variety of meals using what is at its freshest and in season. If you would prefer we do permit you to bring that special bottle of wine from home (corkage applies)but sorry no BYO beers or other beverages.We can cater for an intimate table for 2 right up to booking out the entire restaurant for your special occasion (up to 65 guests), corporate inquiries welcome.
Brisbane
“Wonderful dining experience in Sydney”
Reviewed October 10, 2013

So often we visit Sydney and find a restaurant experience to be overpriced or disappointing or both. Not so this time. Our daughter, Erin had dined here several times so chose to celebrate her birthday here with a group dinner. Erin, the owner was so kind, friendly and provided us with an excellent dining experience. The menu provides an excellent range, several items appealed and choice was difficult. All meals were thoroughly enjoyable, my risotto was probably one if the best I have eaten. Specials board was tempting particularly sweets. A great find, understandable why it was very busy on a working night Wednesday.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Racandtac

Sydney, Australia
“Bistro Avoca is an Eastern Suburbs Gem!”
Reviewed September 26, 2013

My wife and I have been customers of Erin and Barry since they were at Yarra Bay, the Coast Golf Club and now in Randwick. We've always been impressed with the food and service they have given us. Last night, this time accompanied by my son and his friend, was no exception!

Situated in the prime restaurant area in Avoca St, Randwick, the restaurant is elegantly decorated, proffering a calm and dignified ambience, the best we've experienced in a long time. Even the music selection is brilliant, unobtrusive and relaxing. Their back room engenders a more intimate experience and, if possible, grab a table there when you book. :-)

Erin's service is always welcoming and immaculate. She even laughs at my jokes!! As usual, the food was excellent. We ordered two "To Share" plates for starters, and pepper squid and the blackboard special, falafels. For mains we ordered two Lamb Wellingtons, from the specials board, salmon fillet with cous cous and a roast loin of lamb from the menu. We shared two deserts, crème brûlée and soft centred chocolate pudding.

It was a thoroughly satisfying dining experience. We were the last to leave the restaurant, which was almost full when we arrived at 8:00 PM on a Wednesday night! Highly recommended. You won't be disappointed! Tell them I sent you.

• Visited September 2013
2 Thank GJOESQ
“Wonderful”
Reviewed August 7, 2013 via mobile

Whilst on a trip from the UK I celebrated my sister's significant birthday here and was blown away by the wonderful attention given to my sister and her guests. The food was first class and helped make for a marvellous
celebration. I will long remember how much I enjoyed the ambiance and superb service adding to the joy of being with my sister for this happy event.
I went back for dinner tonight as my last night in Sydney, again food and service first class.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank rabexeter
sydney
“Great quality food and service”
Reviewed July 28, 2013

Myself and my wife have dinned here a couple of times recently and find the food to a very high standard.
The food would not be out of place in a hatted restaurant,the place is always buzzing but the service never misses a beat.Byo wine tues to thurs and the wine list and meals are very well priced.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank bobbydazzler007
australia
“Homely Heaven”
Reviewed July 12, 2013

I had dinner in this little local gem a couple of nights ago. The restaurant was warm and inviting on a chilly night and as a bonus also BYO. The restaurant is small and intimate in the main room, there is also another room at the back which i didn't see. For entree i had a wonderfully smooth and creamy cauliflower soup which hit the spot, perfect for the weather and my partner ordered the scallops which were perfectly cooked and plump with a tasty thai style dressing. For the main i had barramundi fillet with dauphinoise potatoes, again could not fault and my husband had the beef cheeks which were as described. The meals are large and we polished off every last mouthful so were not able to do desert which was a shame as they looked divine. I wish there were more local restaurants like these - friendly service and good value.

• Visited July 2013