“pricey”

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed May 10, 2012

nothing special about this food, but given the lack of restaurants in the area it is OK

Reviewed March 17, 2012

We ate in house on a saturday night. We were quickly ushered into a table and offered drinks (several times). Yummy little taste things were brought out- like tuna on toast really!
We were offered drinks- again and then our orders were taken. There are 2 older staff in the business whom seem to be managers, and then they have waiters and servers. I found the older men to fuss too much for my liking. and pointless fussing- like making sure your napkin was directly in front of you, and telling the waiters off for not putting the plates on the table with the garnish in the right direction!
I wanted a dish from the in house menu, and Dave wanted normal menu food- we were told this could not be done- but eventually they agreed to do it. After ordering, we were offered garlic bread, and more drinks. I did feel like the waiters were salesman- they just tried to keep selling you things!! the entrees were good- I had haloumi salad- which had about a kilo of haloumi steaks on it- but it was lovely. David had a squid dish, which was nice- but both dishes could have been hotter- my haloumi was cold.
Mains were lamb shanks and a veal dish. Both were good- big servings and came out around 20 min after entree was complete. There were a lot of waiters and your plate was taken straight after you ate the last mouthful.
The table next to us had a seafood platter which was amazing in size and variation!
I had dessert, which was chocolate gateau- and it was average!
for the three courses, and no alcohol (just 1 soft drink each) we paid $111. This was OK, but I feel that it was not the best value meal I have had.
The managers were constantly rousing on the staff for silly things- and so our meal became a game of trying to guess who would get in trouble next!!
Overall a nice meal, and I would go back and eat a seafood platter next time!!

1  Thank Treska-n-Dave
Reviewed January 4, 2012

Top class place to eat. Reasonable prices for what it is. If the lobster mornay is on special, be sure to treat yourself to this. Highly recommended

Reviewed December 31, 2011

Great night out! Food was divine and the service was fantastic

Reviewed December 6, 2011

Good food and friendly staff but they don't have to try too hard as they have a Captive audience.