All reviews loft suite room service macquarie park glass of champagne business hotel fast food train station buffet breakfast hash browns full buffet rooms are clean across the road business district king bed busy road shopping mall business trip
Reviewed July 21, 2016

I visit the Courtyard often for work over the many years I have been traveling to North Ryde, there is a reason I keep coming back to the Courtyard, it’s always been clean quiet and comfortable, now they have just given their rooms a redo which gives the room a new open feel, I liked it.
My only gripe was there was no desk chair at the table, and the sofa is not the right height for me and my aging bones to work at the desk, but a quick phone call to the front desk and in no time I had the desk chair, not a problem !!!

Room tip: I like the corner rooms away from the road.
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed July 20, 2016

Not the experience I expect for a $300 a night hotel.
Service at restaurant was poor, a high number of staff were in training and it was obvious from the quality of the service
Beds not as comfortable as I am used to,pillows were thin.
On booking out was charged for a bottle of wine, asked for print out of account and found that the bottle of wine was sold 1 hour before I even booked into the hotel you would think that would be theend of it. Staff would not remove charge saying that they would have to talk to the bar section that entered the charge. The bill should have been amended immediately. Stay tuned for more feedback if it's not. Overall a poor experience.

Room tip: Stay somewhere else
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Sanjay B, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Sydney-North Ryde, responded to this reviewResponded July 28, 2016

Dear Ian,

Greetings from Courtyard by Marriott North Ryde.
First of all I wish to thank you for your stay with us recently.
I sincerely regret the inconvenience caused to you due to the comfort of the bed; all our rooms have been recently refurbished and have brand new Sealy Posturepaedic beds with Pillow top comfort support; Most of our guests like the comfort level and this feedback is isolated; I understand that bedding expectation can vary from individuals and we do offer a choice of pillows and extra mattress toppers on request. I can also confirm that a new Bedding upgrade will soon be occurring as part of recent refurbishment where we will be placing new Duvets, Mattress toppers and Pillows; these are currently in transit and will surely further enhance the comfort levels.
In reference to the feedback about an erroneous charge for wine in the minibar, I would like to apologize and confirm that this has since been removed.
Ian, it is definitely our endeavor to maintain your loyalty and as such provide you with a more comfortable stay in future; may I request you to write to me directly at sanjay.bhatia@marriott.com for your next stay so I can personally make sure that points raised by you are improved as also say hello to you.
Once again thanks a lot for writing to us.

Best Regards

Sanjay

Reviewed July 19, 2016

Australia is an amazing country with amazing people and they have some of their best working at this site. The front desk staff are outstanding. Thank you! They are very friendly and helped me out several times with even the little things.
The rooms were clean and comfortable.
The showers (and I am particular about showers) were awesome.
Thank you. Thank you.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed July 17, 2016 via mobile

I feel bad saying anything about the hotel because the staff were outstanding. Very friendly and helpful with a very polite manner.

We had breakfast included. It was not great. Coffee mug had lipstick on it when served. Turned me off. Kids loved the pancakes. Eggs were inedible. Watered down and soggy. There are a lot of restaurants nearby and within walking distance so I would highly recommend visiting one of those.

Our room was great but it simply wasn't cleaned very well. Couple of hairs in bathroom and marks on floor. Couldn't have been mopped to have missed them.

Again, service was fabulous. Best ever.

The chocolate dipped strawberries were a nice touch at check in.

Trip type: Traveled with family
Sanjay B, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Sydney-North Ryde, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2016

Dear Natalie,

Greetings from the hotel and thanks a lot for taking the time out to provide your constructive feedback.
I am pleased to know that you rate our staff service as one of the best you have encountered. We do receive consistent comments about our associates' service quality and are proud of this...Your acknowledgement has been shared with the team members.

I am disappointed to know that the Breakfast standards were not up to your expectations. Our Breakfast is very popular with a plenty of hot and cold selection for all tastes. I have shared your feedback with our Executive Chef, Chetan, who will put additional focus on the quality and consistency of eggs. We have high hygiene standards and follow all HACCP requirements and use Ecolab certified cleaning detergents as also high quality equipment to clean our cutlery and crockery. I can assure you that the dirty cup that you found is a mere exception and not a norm; we will certainly further focus on quality check in this aspect.
Our Restaurant offers chef crafted meals with many very popular Dinner specialties; I do hope that you are able to try some of these during your next visit; please do write to me directly so that I can introduce our culinary team who will be delighted to offer superior standards so that we can regain your confidence.

Once again our sincere appreciation for taking the time out to review us and hope to welcome you back in near future.

Best Regards

Reviewed July 13, 2016 via mobile

Excellent quality and service for a business trip. Comfortable rooms with a nice size bed and couch. Bathrooms are quite nice. If you plan your times correctly it can be very cost effective as well. Walking distance to major train station and Macquarie mall. Breakfast is good and a nice bar open till late. Close to fast food places.

Trip type: Traveled on business