“Convenient location” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in North Ryde
Sydney
“Convenient location”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2014

This hotel is conveniently located in the North Ryde/Macquarie business district and great for business travellers from a location perspective. Whilst attending a conference there we experienced a range of challenges including the conference room being under repair. As this room faced east, the morning sun was pelting in through the floor to ceiling glass with some of our small group having to wear sunglasses to cope as there were no blinds at the time. What made it more challenging is that the airconditioning was not working and after several requests (and 2.5 hours later) an engineer managed to get it going by way of a computer (application?) re-boot. It was December, so quite warm. Breakfast was fine enough, busy and noisy, and whilst the paradigm is that the place was full of business people, there were quite a number of tourists as well. Parking is outdoors (front and back of the building).

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Sudhir Y, Front Office Manager at Courtyard Sydney-North Ryde, responded to this review, March 10, 2014
Dear Guest
Thank you for sharing your experiences regarding your recent stay at the Courtyard by Marriott North Ryde.
We certainly appreciate the business of all our guests. After reading your feedback I would like to take the opportunity to offer my most sincere apologies for the disappointing experience you encountered. We strive to ensure the complete comfort and satisfaction of all our guests, and pride ourselves of our high standards of service and attention to detail. It is always our purpose to ensure that every guest receives the true “Marriott” experience and I am sorry that on this occasion your expectations were not met.
I am pleased to inform you that our hotel has finished the soft refurbishment of our meeting rooms and restaurants. It is necessary for us to keep updating our product from time to time to serve our customers better. I am extremely sorry for the experience you had with our air-conditioning in meeting room, I completely understand that this is far from convenient and very pleased you brought this matter to my attention. I have taken the liberty to share your comments with our Director of Engineering, who I shall work with, to ensure all the necessary actions are implemented to rectify any defects with our meeting rooms, paying close attention to our air conditioning system.
It is only through such feedback that we are able to improve the services and facilities we provide. I do thank you again for taking the time to write to me as Marriott does appreciate all of our guests’ valuable feedback as it is essential to us and I am really looking forward hopefully welcoming you back .
Sudhir

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (129)
  • Korean first
Greenethorpe, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2014

We recently stayed at the Courtyard Sydney - North Ryde. We stay here often and love it. However this time decided on a special treat of having room service. I know beer battered chips with tomato relish is hardly gourmet. However very disappointed, cost $15 including delivery. Quantity of chips 15 = $1/each. Served with tomato sauce. To add insult to injury chips were plain French fries and not beer battered.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Dear Guest
We certainly appreciate the business of all our guests and in particular the loyalty our guests’ show towards our hotel brands. After reading your feedback I would like to take the opportunity to offer my most sincere apologies for the disappointing experience you encountered. We strive to ensure the complete comfort and satisfaction of all our guests, and pride ourselves of our high standards of service and attention to detail. It is always our purpose to ensure that every guest receives the true “Marriott” experience and I am sorry that on this occasion your expectations were not met.
Could I please request you full name and contact number. We would like to get more details from you regarding your experience. Would appreciate if you could please write me on Sudhir.yadav@courtyard.com
Look forward to hear from you
Springfield, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2014

This hotel is about 5 minutes walk from the train station, which is nice, although the branch of the metro this is on is a slow branch. The room was large and clean and well appointed. The only down side with my say was breakfast - there were no free tables, the food and coffee was not being replaced when empty and the place was very noisy.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Dear Guest
Thank you for staying with us at Courtyard and I am very glad you liked our location and rooms. We strive to ensure the complete comfort and satisfactions of all our guests and it’s very unfortunate that we could not meet your expectations in our restaurant. I have taken the liberty to share your comments with our Operations Manager who I shall work with to ensure that we retrain our F&B associates on all mentioned areas.
It is only through such feedback that we are able to improve the services and facilities we provide. I do thank you again for taking the time to write as Marriott does appreciate all of our guests’ valuable feedback as it is essential to us and I am really looking forward hopefully welcoming you back to our beautiful city again one day.
With warm regards from Sydney,
Berlin, Germany
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2014

The Courtyard is located about 30 min outside of Sidney CBD, direction north. We stayed for one night there as we were coming into sidney a bit late and just needed accomodation before "entering" the city center. It is more or less a hotel for business traveller in a business area, but even as tourists if offered everything we needed that night. The bar had a great offer for diner including a drink, the breakfast was good but not extraordinary, the parking free that day. The room is good Courtyard standard, the staff very friendly. Nearby are some fast food restaurants, a burger/pizza/steak restaurant and motorway including petrol station is also not far. If you want to stay a bit away from city center and have a car, this is a hotel that we can definitely recommend.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Sudhir Y, Front Office Manager at Courtyard Sydney-North Ryde, responded to this review, March 3, 2014
Dear Guest

We are very glad that you enjoyed your stay and our facilities. We will pass your compliments to our food and beverage team. If there is anything we would help you with in future please do not hesitate to contact us on +61-2-9491-9500.

Regards

Brisbane
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2014

After a weekend in Sydney CBD it was time to head closer to work so I was booked into The Courtyard Marriott. Exhausted after walking some 33klm I just needed to check-in and relax. Check in was prompt and friendly, up the room I went well laid out large with an excellent desk and comfortable office chair, a huge comfortable bed. The bathroom was well appointed with the dividing wall above the bath made of opaque glass allowing the natural light to filter in. Speaking of the bath I did have to sooth my weary bones and yes the bath was good size too. The shower also had great pressure to get you up and into each new day.

The breakfast was of an excellent standard with a wide variety of fresh food including a tempting range of pastries also available at additional cost is a decent espresso coffee.

Certainly would be my next choice of Hotel when on that side of town in future.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank dobboinaus
Sudhir Y, Front Office Manager at Courtyard Sydney-North Ryde, responded to this review, February 6, 2014
Dear Guest
Thank you for sharing your recent experiences with Courtyard by Marriott. I am very glad that we met your expectations with our quality of room and staff service. We always try and meet all the requests of our customer and ensure all necessary actions are always taken to complete them on timely basis.
it is only through such feedback that we are able to continue to motivate our associate to peform their best each day. I do thank you again for taking the time to write to me as Marriott does appreciate all of our guests’ valuable feedback as it is essential to us and I am really looking forward hopefully welcoming you back to our beautiful city again one day.
Farnham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2014

Typical Marriott Courtyard hotel with large, clean, nicely decorated rooms and well set up for the business traveller. The usual good quality pack from Marriott of toiletries, mini bar and fridge. Strong shower. We used it as a base for exploring Sydney and surrounds for 5 nights. An unexpected bonus was that the room was ready and available upon our arrival at 10.30 which was very welcome after the almost 24 hours of travelling. Only dined in the restaurant once and were disappointed by the limited selection and rather poor quality of the food we had.There is a family diner next door which was also disappointing and due to dreadful service we were given a 25% discount on the bill.
At first we thought we had selected a location too far out of the city (North Sydney- about 12 miles) however it's located next to a mainline train station into the city. There is a large shopping mall a few blocks walk away which has some eating places.
We went to the local train station and bought rover tickets for a week for appx. $ 60 au - this gave us unlimited use of trains, buses and ferryboats. Great value and we used this to visit Manly, Watson Bay and Darling Harbour on the ferries, trains and buses to Bondi and even trains to and back from the Blue Mountains. For the holiday traveller Courtyard should try to promote this to offset their distance from the city. Liked the staff who were as always Marriott well trained and friendly.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest
It is unfortunate that our restaurant could not meet your expectations. I have shared your comments with our Operations Manager who I shall work with to ensure our quality of food and service are upto Marriott standards.
it is only through such feedback that we are able to improve the services and facilities we provide. I do thank you again for taking the time to write to me as Marriott does appreciate all of our guests’ valuable feedback as it is essential to us and I am really looking forward hopefully welcoming you back to our beautiful city again one day.
california
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2014

The staff was very helpful. The rooms were clean and quite. It was close to a local mall that that staff told us about. The Mall was huge and had everything to keep you busy for the day. From ice skating to cinema and shops and food galore. But I digress. The hotel is a little hard to locate it is hidden behind a restaurant and in an maze of office buildings. Once you found it it was very nice. Just ask the staff for help and you are on your way It was a little bit harder to get to the airport then we thought and return our rental car. HINT full up on gas before the airport drove around for 20 minutes trying to find one near the airport and when we did it was pricey.

Room Tip: No problem with our room. over looked Mcdonalds