“Never fails to impress”

Courtyard Sydney-North Ryde
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in North Ryde
“Never fails to impress”
Reviewed April 10, 2013

The staff really make this hotel a great place to stay. It is a favourite now, having stayed at least six times in eighteen months. The staff welcome us each time, now by name, and are friendly yet very professional.

We stayed in a Loft Suite this time, and it is really worth the extra cost. The room is large and the upstairs area with the king bed, chaise lounge and TV is a great retreat, particularly with the ensuite and dressing room on the same level. The powder room next o the lounge room is also fantastic, and I was told the sofa bed was great to sleep on.

We enjoyed the buffet breakfast and had two evening meals in the restaurant. The food is simple but delicious and the wait staff were fantastic.

This is still a great bargain over the weekends and I would recommend it to anyone who doesn't want to stay in the CBD but close enough by public transport or not far at all by car as long as you're not driving around during peak hour.

Room Tip: Rooms on the west side are quieter. Loft suites are much larger.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank jsmck

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (131)
  • Korean first
Australia
Reviewed April 9, 2013

When we go to Sydney we usually opt to stay on the harbour but because of the location of an evening engagement in Gordon we chose to stay here. The check in was extremely quick and we were informed our package included free parking, free breakfast,late check out and a free bottle of wine.What more could we want! Our room was very spacious and very usable. I was impressed with the layout and also with the lovely king size bed.
Although on a main road the room was extremely quiet and we had quite a pleasant view.
When we approached the desk after checking into our room I was again impressed with the professional attitude of the staff by being called by my name.A small thing but something which shows a caring attitude.
I would most certainly recommend this hotel to my friends and I wouldn't hesitate to stay here in the future.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank suchfun01
Sudhir Y, Front Office Manager at Courtyard Sydney-North Ryde, responded to this review, April 25, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Courtyard by Marriott North Ryde.
We strive to ensure the complete comfort and satisfaction of all our guests, and pride ourselves of our high standards of service and attention to detail. It is always our purpose to ensure that every guest receives the true “Courtyard” experience and I am glad that on this occasion your thoroughly enjoyed your stay.
Once again we thank you for your stay and we look forward to welcome you back.

Warm Regards

Sudhir
Johannesburg, South Africa
Reviewed April 7, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for 2 nights for business as its well located in the business area. It's a complete rip off. I paid almost $300 a night for an upgraded room. The room is ok but for $300 a night I was expecting more. The bath towels are tiny. Like large hand towels. The breakfast is embarrassingly bad. Maybe the worst meal I have eaten in the last year. I settled for cornflakes and a hash brown, a cool $30 for the pleasure. It's busy because if lack of competition. Luckily I wasn't paying for it myself. The rooms are clean but old and the furniture is average. Would I stay here again?? I really hope not it was appalling

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank Versitak
Sudhir Y, Front Office Manager at Courtyard Sydney-North Ryde, responded to this review, April 12, 2013
Dear Guest
Thank you very much for sharing your experiences, regarding your recent stay at the Courtyard by Marriott North Ryde.
We certainly appreciate the business of all our guests and we strive to ensure the complete comfort and satisfaction of all our guests, and pride ourselves of our high standards of service and attention to detail. It is always our purpose to ensure that every guest receives the true “Courtyard” experience and I am sorry that on this occasion your expectations were not met.
I am extremely sorry for the experience you had with our breakfast and I would like to hear more about specific things you did not enjoy so that we can resolve them. I completely understand that this experience was far from convenient and very pleased you brought this matter to my attention. My contact email is Sudhir.yadav@courtyard.com.

I have taken the liberty to share your comments with our Housekeeping Manager, who I shall work with, to ensure all the necessary actions are implemented to rectify any defects with our rooms, paying close attention to our linen and furniture.

It is only through such feedback that we are able to improve the services and facilities we provide. I do thank you again for taking the time to write to me as Marriott does appreciate all of our guests’ valuable feedback as it is essential to us and I am really looking forward hopefully welcoming you back to our beautiful city again one day.

With warm regards,

Sudhir Yadav
Depok, Indonesia
Reviewed April 6, 2013

I booked Courtyard by Marriott Sydney since it was incredibly cheap comparing to the downtown hotels in Sydney eventhough probably some people would prefer staying in the heart of the city but I wouldn't mind at all staying in a non-touristy area. However, we were very happy since the neighbourhood area is so peaceful but still near to the restaurants and Macquarie Park train station.

We booked their airport pickup service since the price is not that too differ with the taxi. I estimate that the taxi would cost 70-80 AUD to the hotel while the hotel offers 95 AUD for the pick up service. Since we don't want to waste our time so we prefer using pickup from the hotel. We asked an early check-in for both of our rooms since we would arrive at 8:40-9:00 am in Sydney and Mr. Sudhir Yadav replied me that he would do their best to accommodate us.

Upon arrival, we were greeted by the airport pick-up and the journey took about 30-45 minutes (I forgot exactly). We were so delighted that we could get early check-in at 10 am in the morning !!! we were so tired after exhausting multiple flights from Jakarta-Kuala Lumpur-Melbourne then Sydney in one night so we were happy of it. We were placed on the highest floor (7th; if I'm not mistaken) and both of our rooms are typical Courtyard hotels; minimalistic design but yet well-maintained and seems very new. Their double beds are big; so you could put 2 Asian persons on each bed so in total the room could accommodate 4 persons per room. lol. Got free internet (as Marriott Rewards member) is another plus thing.

We booked the rooms with breakfast packages since I read that the breakfast would cost 20 something/person. However if you would like to book room only, you might also have breakfast in McDonald's nearby. The area surrounding the hotel is very pleasant to walk since there are many trees outside so you won't feel bored to just have a walk in the morning.

To summarize, the hotel is really good value for the cheaper options rather than staying in heart of Sydney and you will get free internet if you are Marriott Rewards members.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
4 Thank virtualaris
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed April 2, 2013

We stayed for one night at this hotel. The room is clean and we got a king sized bed, which is perfect for our family of three. I find the desk a bit too big and walking space in the room is a bit limited and our toddler risks bumping her head on the corner of the desk. The room we got is probably more suited for business people.
The location of the hotel is a bit far off from the city. The nearest train station is Macquarie Park but you need to walk about 10 minutes to your hotel from the train station. This is very inconvenient especially if you have big luggage. If you walk from the train station, you will have to go up a few flight of stairs to reach the hotel's small entrance and you have to take the elevator to the lobby. The staffs were friendly and was kind enough to allow us to store our luggage after we checked out. We checked in at another hotel and only collected our luggage at night after a whole day of sightseeing.

Room Tip: Ask if the room is kid/baby friendly.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Izyan D
Dear Guest

Thank you for staying with us at the Courtyard North Ryde. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with family. We are a business hotel however we are also very well equipped with all necessary amenities for our leisure guests.

I would also take this opportunity to advise that nearest train station is Macquarie Park, however if guest are arriving by train and carrying heavy luggage they can actually stop at Macquarie University train station. Taxis are easily available from Macquarie University train stop and we are only 5 minute drive from the university.

Once again thank you for your feedback and we look forward to welcome you again.

Regards

Sudhir
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Reviewed April 1, 2013

We loved our stay at Courtyard by Marriott Sydney-North Ryde over Easter Break (2013).
Our First impression was good and only followed by an amazing service. We got the twin Doubles as requested, even though we were advised it may not be possible. Check in/Check-out took 2-5 minutes and rooms were exactly what we wanted, Big and Roomy. Kids loved it. Wife loved it,
Only faced few issues:
1) Parking on night of 30 April was not available inside hotel so need to park just in Front of hotel. Still Free and I am not too much fussed about it because there-were simply too many guests that night.
2) Shower Area was a little let down only because the drainage hole on the floor was not in the middle so water drainage was not quick.
3) and last the tempered glass wall between the Shower and bedroom can be throwing a little bit too much light in the room for light sleeper.

But these are only very minor things that we noticed and they did not affect our stay in anyway as we have one very hand-full 2 years old son:)

All in All very excellent and great hotel.
Will surely stay here again.

Room Tip: - While the main road may have view its busy so request room to be facing Talavera Road. - There is...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Sollentuna, Sweden
Reviewed March 31, 2013

I have stayed at this Marriot several times and it's main advantage is it's location in the Industrial park. The hotel is clean and the staff is friendly. The interior has seen it's best days and the gym is on the smaller side. Overall no problem to stay there, don't expect anything extra though. As most Australian hotel the breakfast buffet is priced redicously high.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Holiday Inn Express Sydney Macquarie Park
Travelodge Hotel Macquarie North Ryde
Medina Serviced Apartments North Ryde
MGSM Executive Hotel and Conference Centre

Been to Courtyard Sydney-North Ryde? Share your experiences!