“Great nights sleep, just what I needed”

Courtyard Sydney-North Ryde
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in North Ryde
Gold Coast, Queensland, Australia
“Great nights sleep, just what I needed”
Reviewed March 12, 2013

I would like to take this opportunity to thank the wonderful staff at your hotel, on reception Shambhu was fantastic even though he was still learning the ropes and Susan was attentive and a gracious hostess while I checked in.

the room was extremely clean and the bed was so comfortable. after a long day of flying and presentations that was exactly what I needed. As I finished late, many of the local restaurants closed at 9:30pm, but the hotel bar served until 11:00pm

Alyson/Jessica in the bar was great. She was very enjoyable to talk to and we had a good laugh.

If I have business in the area again, I will definitely be staying here.

Room Tip: I had room 626. very quiet, king bed, desk, good sized bathroom, great shower
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (131)
  • Korean first
Basel, Switzerland
Reviewed February 24, 2013

There is little that can be praised other than the convenient location of this hotel if you are doing business in North Ryde, Sydney.
The rooms are OK, but the bathrooms are small - and barely functional.
The restaurant is in need of a major management review - limited menu and staff that don't care so the waiting times and order accuracy are of an unacceptable poor standard by most business travellers standards.
Many of the general and restauarant staff seem to be young - guess that that local students are employed to keep costs down but this does impact delivery standards from the reception to the restauarants.
The hotel is expensive by competitor standards in other cities and a little more expensive that other hotely in the area.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank a r
Sudhir Y, Front Office Manager at Courtyard Sydney-North Ryde, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
Dear Guest
Thank you very much for sharing your experiences, regarding your recent stay at the Courtyard by Marriott North Ryde.

After reading your feedback I would like to take the opportunity to offer my most sincere apologies for the disappointing experience you encountered. We strive to ensure the complete comfort and satisfaction of all our guests, and pride ourselves of our high standards of service and attention to detail. It is always our purpose to ensure that every guest receives the true “Marriott” experience and I am sorry that on this occasion your expectations were not met.

I am extremely sorry for the food and beverage experience you had with our team, I completely understand that this is far from convenient and very pleased you brought this matter to my attention. I have taken the liberty to share your comments with our General Manager and Food and Beverage Manager, who I shall work with, to ensure all the necessary actions, are implemented to rectify any defects in our processes. We would also use this opportunity to retrain all our F&B associates so that we can serve our guest better.

Dear Guest, it is only through such feedback that we are able to improve the services and facilities we provide. I do thank you again for taking the time to write to me as Marriott does appreciate all of our guests’ valuable feedback as it is essential to us and I am really looking forward hopefully welcoming you back to our beautiful city again one day.

With warm regards from Sydney,

Sudhir Yadav
Reviewed January 24, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here as a compromise to the big expensive hotels in town vs bring further out of town . Great basic hotel , good location at a fair value . Plenty of restraurant s bear by and a short hop to down town .

I would certainly recommend this to others .

• Stayed February 2012
Carlsbad, California
Reviewed January 16, 2013

Stayed here 2 nights over NYE because SYD was so expensive and packed and had min. night stays

a very short walk from macquarie park cityrail stop
easy to get into city- abt 30 mins ride though
but comes every 20 mins or so

did the opera bar for NYE
and from the time fireworks done to us walking in hotel room, was 1 hour
not as bad as we thought it was going to be

not much around to eat though
mcdonalds and kfc across the street
so if you dont have a car, kinda stuck for dinner

in biz park area
safe and clean rooms

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Australia
Reviewed January 16, 2013

Good hotel with all the requirements for a business stay in busy Nth Ryde business precinct. Good breakfast options and good to see young chef also out of the kitchen mingling with guests and serving!. Rooms clean and comfortable. Getting a taxi to near by offices that are close by can be challenging if you miss the hotel shuttle.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed January 15, 2013

The rooms were fine though this is one of the first place I've stayed in years that does not provide at least one bottle of complimentary drinking water. A bit stingy considering a $260 tariff.

Also the signage from Talavera Road is ridiculous. This is supposed to be a Marriott !!! Put up a decent sign. As a first time visitor it was a nusance trying to find the place.

Rooms were fine though waited 30m minute for someone to bring a toothbrush and it was 11pm so I was woken up as I had given up on them and crashed.

Staff nice, and facilities appeared good. Parking reasonable.

Put up some signs, throw a bottle of complimentary water in and I would be a happy camper. I will most likely stay in the city next at as good or better for the same rate or less.

Room Tip: It is located down a small lane off Talavera Road so you need to look out for that, other wise enjoy...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Susan W, Guest Relations Manager at Courtyard Sydney-North Ryde, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking your time to share your experience at the Courtyard by Marriott North Ryde. We truly appreciate the feedback you have shared as it allows the hotel the opportunity to further enhance our service and facilities offered to our guests.

I sincerely apologise for the late delivery of the dental kit and have addressed your concern with both the Front Office Manager and Housekeeping Manager to highlight the importance of communication between the two departments so that our guests’ requests can be met in a timely and accurate manner. I appreciate your comments regarding the hotel’s signage and we will certainly look at ensuring that we have clear signage available so that there will be no confusion in the future.

Thank you for your compliments regarding the warm hospitality of our hotel staff and I am pleased that you find the hotel’s facilities accommodating. I have shared your praise with our team of associates and they are delighted to hear your kind words.

Once again thank you for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Courtyard by Marriott North Ryde Hotel in the near future.

Kind regards,

Susan Wang
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed January 9, 2013

I was satisfied with this hotel, I stayed here for 1 night for business. The prices were reasonable, breakfast was good, staff were friendly, the room was a bit noisy but I had ear plugs so was ok, location was good and free parking.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Courtyard by Marriott North Ryde. I am pleased to hear that your overall experience at the hotel was pleasant and that we were able to cater for your needs.

The hotel also features rooms facing away from Lane Cove Road, which may be better suited for your future needs.

I am delighted to hear that you have enjoyed the breakfast food in our Orchards Restaurant and have shared your compliments with our chefs. We pride ourselves in providing exceptional customer service so that our guests receive the true “Marriott“experience and we truly appreciate your recognition of our associates.

Thank you for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Courtyard by Marriott North Ryde Hotel soon.

Kind regards,

Holiday Inn Express Sydney Macquarie Park
Travelodge Hotel Macquarie North Ryde
Medina Serviced Apartments North Ryde
MGSM Executive Hotel and Conference Centre

Been to Courtyard Sydney-North Ryde? Share your experiences!