“Excellent business hotel”

Courtyard Sydney-North Ryde
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in North Ryde
Reviewed March 28, 2012

It's only really a business hotel because of its' location, and there are extras like the hotel's shuttle bus which takes guests around the area to whatever business they are visiting. Service is friendly, professional and generally excellent. I had one minor housekeeping issue (no milk) and one room service issue (slightly wrong order), but these are forgiveable over the 1 month that I stayed.
Don't expect a wild nightlife, or really any nightlife, although the train station is quite nearby. But MacQuarie park is a long way out of the city ...

Room Tip: Great little steakhouse restaurant next door to the hotel
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed March 23, 2012

I've stayed at this hotel multiple times in recent years, and return to it because it consistently delivers a top quality product in all respects. This review is for my most recent visit in March, 2012.

Check-in was efficient and handled by a very pleasant reception person who acknowledged that I was a return visitor. My room was spotless, up to date, and comfortably furnished. Two double beds, a work desk with ample space, dresser, flat screen TV, table, and a bathroom with thirsty towels and basic amenities. In-room coffee service with coffee, teas, and chocolate. Broadband internet service performed well and was free of charge to Marriott Rewards members.

Ample parking was complimentary for my weekend stay, although there is a daily charge during the week. Fast food,a 7-11 convenience store, and the CityRail Macquarie Park station are all within easy walking distance of the hotel.

Hotel does have a dining room, but I did not use it and cannot comment on it.

Departure checkout was handled efficiently.

Bottom line: I have always been totally pleased at this hotel. Rooms are comfortable and well furnished, the service is efficient and delivered by competent staff in a very pleasant manner, and nothing ever seems to go wrong.

For those in the Marriott Rewards program, be aware that this hotel - surprisingly - is considered only category 3. This means that rewards earned in Marriott's frequent "MegaBonus" promotions can be redeemed for free stays at this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 13, 2012

We stayed at the Courtyard by Marriott for two nights. The bed was just okay. The room was small; the bathroom tiny for two people. The water pressure was just adequate; the towels a bit thin.
The staff were helpful - when we arrived and found twin beds instead of the expected king, a staff member met us at our room and took us to the new one. We appreciated that.
When travelling for business, room service breakfast is helpful. You can keep preparing for the workday while eating. This hotel doesn't provide this option.
The cable broadband was reliable and fairly fast on the basic package.
Overall we were fairly comfortable at this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed March 3, 2012

My husband and myself stayed Jan. 26th-30th.. All hotel employees were friendly and so very helpful. Starting at the check in desk, cafe, maid service, room service we were made to feel special and were well cared for. I would recommend this hotel to all who ask.
Thanks to the entire group of employees you all added to our Outstanding visit to Sydney.
Sincerely, Candace and David Whitaker Longmont, CO USA..

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 23, 2012

Since we were visiting relatives living north of Sydney, we stayed a few nights at the Courtyard North Ryde. This is not the usual tourist accommodation, but serves as a business hotel for the many corporate headquarters located in the area. It’s a few blocks from the light rail, so it’s ok for accessing the city.
It’s a pretty basic, with a staff that’s not particularly friendly. There are no privileges for elite Marriott Reward members, but they did offer free Internet for all who sign up with the program. The rooms are a good size, but not great in the organizational department. Also, it was not very clean, with mold growing around the bathtub. The bed was OK – not great. The fitness room is a joke, and the restaurant is terrible. The breakfast buffet is very overpriced, with poor quality food. There’s a MacDonald’s across the street, which is more economical and has much better food. It’s a 10-minute walk from a very large mall, with lots of fast food and other choices. Head over there if you want to eat dinner.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
Sudhir Y, Front Office Manager at Courtyard Sydney-North Ryde, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2012

Dear Guest

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your recent stay with us at the Courtyard by Marriott North Ryde.
After reading your feedback I would like to take the opportunity to offer my most sincere apologies for the disappointing experience you encountered. It is always our purpose to ensure that every guest receives the true “Courtyard” experience and I am sorry that on this occasion, your expectations were not met.
I absolutely understand how disappointing it must have been to find some mold around the bathtub. I have shared your comments with our Housekeeping Manager and we both inspected the faulty rooms and arranged maintenance work to be conducted immediately. I have used this experience as an opportunity to retrain our housekeeping associates to ensure such poor service does not occur again in the future.
I am also disappointed with the fact that our breakfast was not up to your expectation in terms of quality of food. I have shared your feedback with our kitchen team and since then we have made some changes in breakfast buffet items. I would like to propose, should there be an occasion you were to return to Courtyard by Marriott North Ryde, to please contact me directly at ‘sudhir.yadav@courtyard.com’ so that I could use your stay as an opportunity to ensure improvements have been made since your last visit.
I would also take this opportunity to mention that all our Marriott Elite guests get their bonus points for stay. We also offer a complimentary upgrade to next best available room on arrival however it is subject to availability.
It is only through such important feedback that we are able to improve the services and facilities we provide and I sincerely thank you for same. Look forward to welcome you back again.

Warm regards,

Sudhir Yadav

Reviewed February 21, 2012

I booked and received confirmation for two interconnecting rooms. When I arrived the requested rooms were not available.
Also my card carried an authorisations for payments for amounts which were in no way related to the room I eventually got and paid for.
The staff were friendly but I am not happy have my money unavailable.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
Sudhir Y, Front Office Manager at Courtyard Sydney-North Ryde, responded to this reviewResponded February 29, 2012

Dear Guest
Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Courtyard by Marriott North Ryde.
At Courtyard we strive to ensure the complete comfort and satisfaction of all our guests, and pride ourselves of our high standards of service and attention to detail. It is always our purpose to ensure that every guest receives the true “Courtyard” experience and I am sorry that on this occasion, your expectations were not met.
I would also use this opportunity to explain our pre authorization process for room and incidental charges. As a hotel policy we request an imprint of credit card from each guest at check-in for the daily room rate and an additional $100 for possible incidental charges for each night. The authorization of $100 allows guest to charge incidentals (Room Service, Telephone, Paid Movie, Minibar etc) to their room. The pre authorization taken at check-in blocks the funds on guest credit card; however it is a block only not a charge. At check out this block gets released automatically and the remaining balance from pre authorization gets credited to guest account and the same appears on credit card statement between 3-5 business working days.
On this occasion it appears as this has not happened and I very sorry for the inconvenience. In order for me to investigate this and resolve this issue, please contact me directly on the following +61-2-9491-9500 or sudhir.yadav@courtyard.com.

I look forward to hearing from you soon,

Warm Regards
Sudhir

Reviewed February 19, 2012

The hotel is located in a high tech offices area. We had problem with the limited parking (for a fee) at times during the stay. The
Staff was very attentive. Room was fine. The bathroom was quite small, but clean and functional.
Internet was included due to status with Marriott Rewards. Buffet breakfast was pretty good.
The bed was the most comfortable I have slept on for more than a year.
I think when I am on business in the area, I will certainly return.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
Sudhir Y, Front Office Manager at Courtyard Sydney-North Ryde, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2012

Dear Guest
I would like to take this opportunity to thank you personally for staying with us at the Courtyard by Marriott North Ryde. It is through such valuable feedback we can improve and maintain our service standards. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed the stay. I have noted your feedback on the car park during busy days and will discuss that with my team to control it more proactively . I also wanted to take the opportunity to clarify that car park is charged from Sunday to Thursday night for $12 per night and is free on Friday and Saturdays.

Thanks once again for your feedback and I look forward to welcoming you back.

Also consider these accommodations in or near North Ryde
1 mi away
Travelodge Hotel Macquarie North Ryde
Medina Serviced Apartments North Ryde
MGSM Executive Hotel and Conference Centre

Been to Courtyard Sydney-North Ryde? Share your experiences!