I stayed here several times because of work. The room for me was average and service was ordinary. I just felt disappointed that during evenings, they don't have housekeeping to attend to your requests, unlike in some hotels. There was one time that my TV's remote control was malfunctioning and no one was answering in housekeeping and it was the receptionist who went up to my room to check it for me. One time when I needed the adaptor, I had to go down (in my pj's) to get it from the front desk myself. The only staff that really liked was Paul, the shuttle bus driver, who was very warm and gracious. He drives guests to work (around the Macquarie Park area) and is always prompt when picking up guests after work. Another one is Alex, the limousine driver who picks up and brings guests back to the hotel. If you're working for the day and leaving in the afternoon, you can check-out in the morning, Alex can pick it up from the Courtyard and then pick you up at work (if you are working within the macquarie park area) and then drive you to the airport. And he only charges AUD95, unlike if you take the taxi, you're fare can even reach AUD100++ during peak hours.
In terms of location, it is very convenient. There is a good restaurant just within the compound, Ribs and Rumps, or if you're into fastfood, there is McDonalds and KFC across the street. You can also walk (or jog if you're into that) to the Macquarie Center which has a good selection of shops and restaurants, and a Big W, Meyer and Target and Woolsworth which is very convenient in case you forgot to bring something with you during the trip. It is also 5-10 minute walk to the Macquarie train station which makes going downtown quite easy.
If this is your first time to go there, and is unfamiliar with the place, I suggest that you don't take the taxi from Sydney International because everytime I did, the taxi driver is not familiar with the location and even with their GPS, they tend to take the longer route to get there; and that had made me so anxious for the whole duration of the trip, and it is quite a drive from the airport to north ryde. So I suggest that you call or email the hotel to arrange for Alex to pick you up or email him directly (email@example.com) so that you can have that peace of mind.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Courtyard Sydney-North Ryde boasts an unbeatable location within Macquarie Business Park. Book your stay for business or pleasure and enjoy our hotel's winning blend of convenience, value and service. You'll find Macquarie University, ANZ Stadium, Allphones Arena and other attractions within prime proximity to our hotel. Recharge using our fitness facilities, utilize our full-service business centre or unwind with a meal and cocktail at Orchards Restaurant. Plus, our array of eight versatile meeting rooms and talented staff promise to execute your event in style. Book your stay at one of the best-appointed North Ryde hotels today. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Ctrip TA, Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, Priceline, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Courtyard Sydney-North Ryde reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard By Marriott Sydney -North Ryde Hotel North Ryde
- Courtyard North Ryde
- North Ryde Courtyard
- Courtyard Sydney North Ryde