“Awesome place to stay”

Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in North Ryde
Cupertino, California
“Awesome place to stay”
Reviewed April 17, 2014

I normally don't write reviews but my experience at staying at the Meriton is well worth my time to write this review. Coming from the US, I was looking to stay for a week and having stayed at other hotels in previously in nearby Parramatta and not getting my money's worth, I thought I should give Meriton a try. First off, the staff at the front desk were pleasant and kind. The room was super clean and very quiet. It was very convenient to have the mall across the street with a train station within walking distance. If I come back to Australia, I'll be staying at the Meriton for sure.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
MSANorthRyde, Manager at Meriton Suites North Ryde, responded to this review, April 29, 2014
Dear Alfred T,

Can I firstly say that it was a pleasure to read your review on Tripadvisor.

We certainly love the views and experiences of our international guests, I found your review compelling.

To experience such negatives with other properties in Western Sydney then come to Meriton North Ryde and encounter friendly staff, superior apartments and a location which is the envy of our competitors, well I was pleased that we helped turn your Sydney experience around.

Alfred T, We will certainly love to see you again on your next return to Sydney!

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (231)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Reviewed April 17, 2014 via mobile

Although the room wasn't as big and as nice as Meriton Zetland, I found this place excellent in service. After I checked out, I realised I left my favourite cardigan here and quickly they got back to me telling me they found it.

The price I paid was a bit more expensive than Meriton Zetland too.

• Stayed March 2014
Dear MilaLee,

Thank you so much for your lovely and concise review on Tripadvisor.

Great to see you loved our excellent service, certainly an area we pride ourselves on and one which we are building a reputation on.

I was pleased to read that we were able to return your cardigan back to you safely. This certainly reiterates to myself that our procedures are firmly been adhered to by the team.

In regards to the pricing, we certainly have a dynamic flexible pricing structure that is based on our occupancy and demand of rooms. Our prices certainly have more value than that of our competitors!

MilaLee, Thank you once again and we hope to see you again very soon!

Newcastle, Australia
Reviewed April 16, 2014

New apartments, well furnished, very comfortable. Stayed at North Ryde as Meriton was having a sale and very good room rate. Room was very quiet and shopping centre across the street. Would stay again when in Sydney if room s are on sale

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family

Dear Phil H,

Thank you so much for your recent review of us on Tripadvisor.

We are certainly please to see you found Meriton North Ryde tremendous value and you would return to us on your next visit to Sydney.

Certainly I agree with you on our superior location, Macquarie Shopping Centre (offers a lot more than shopping with Cinemas, Restaurants, Bowling, laser tag and Dining), close to the M2 and other transport options within walking distance that are direct into the city.

Phil H, We certainly hope to see you in the near future.

Ilkley, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 16, 2014

We stayed here for a week whilst looking for places to live when we come out to Australia in June/July for three years with my husbands work. Absolutely great place to stay, brand new so its like you are the very first person to have stayed in the room. Fantastic value for money, half the price that you would pay in Sydney centre. Really modern, well thought out and very comfortable (especially the beds) has everything that you could possibly need, fridge/freezer, dishwasher, washing machine, dryer, laundry sink, hob, oven, microwave, crockery & cutlery, pots and pans, even a starter pack of dishwasher tablets, dishcloths, tea-towel, coffee, tea, sugar & milk pots (so grateful for those when we arrived after midnight!!). Great service, great staff really friendly, help you with anything you need. We had a 1bd apartment so that if one of us was up in the night with jet lag we could go into the separate living area or kitchen make a drink or a bite to eat without disturbing the other one. Didn't actually use the pool/Gym but went and had a look, very well equipped, very clean, very new! From what I can remember there was a swimming pool, whirl pool, sauna and fully equipped gym room.
Huge car park underneath never had a problem getting a space near the door. There are two blocks of new apartments being finished off on the same site, but we were never inconvenienced by any of the work going on at all during our stay, so do not be put off by that.

There is a huge shopping centre just across the road which is very handy, good transport connections within walking distance and it is just around the corner from my husbands new office, so when we come back out in June/July we are going to stay there again for about 6weeks in one of their two bedroomed apartments. Can't get much better recommendation than that!!

Thank you very much Meriton Apts, North Ryde

Room Tip: If you like a view, you will also have busy roads although the rooms are very well noise insulated...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business

Dear Mattmooma,

Always a pleasure to see guests from the United Kingdom visit us and post such lovely comments about Meriton North Ryde on Tripadvisor.

It appears that you enjoyed our lovely, new, spacious, well appointed apartments!

Also as important that you found the Team friendly and helpful, service is certainly a important ingredient in making us the number one accommodation provider in the North Ryde Precinct.

Mattmooma, great to see returning later in the year and I for one cannot wait to personally meet you!

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed April 16, 2014

After a long check-in - more than 30 minutes, I went up to the room, which was beautifully decorated and very clean. I was staying in the accommodation for a business trip (only one night). The apartment was spacious. I was aware that unfortunately there were no restaurants nearby. There is however a takeaway menu and there is a facility to order in to the rooms. Hot breakfast can also be delivered after 8am. The only other downside was that the shuttle was full. Overall I think it is fantastic value for money and would stay there again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business

Dear Ann S,

Thank you so so much for your recent review of Meriton North Ryde on Tripadvisor.

I do sincerely apologise in regards to the lengthy check in you experienced, certainly not the Meriton North Ryde standard and one which I have personally looked into.

I was pleased however that you enjoyed your lovely clean, spacious, finely appointment apartment.

Whilst we do have a limited number of quality restaurants in the area (TGI Friday/ Ribs and Rumps are certainly recommended), I was please to see you utilised Delivery Hero.com.

Having a selection of 21 Restaurants on line that deliver to your door is certainly convenient and has been incredibly popular with our guests.

Our breakfast option is also increasing in popularity and offers our great option when running on a tight schedule.

With the Hotel Shuttle bus we are currently in the process of upgrading to a larger model bus to cope with the sheer demand of our drop off and pick up service.

I am delighted that you found that we had fantastic value and that you will return in the near future.

Braidwood, Australia
Reviewed April 13, 2014

Great Accommodation to return to after a busy day at Sydney Royal Easter show, very comfortable, full facilities available in our apartment and even able to order dinner on line from one of many restaurants in the area and have it delivered if we didn't feel like cooking one night, staff were very helpful and professional, will definitely be staying at the Meriton again on trips to Sydney

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Joanne D
MSANorthRyde, Manager at Meriton Suites North Ryde, responded to this review, April 22, 2014
Dear Joanne D,

Certainly great to read that you were able to enjoy the marvel that is the Sydney Royal Easter Show and then unwind in our lovely modern, spacious, well appointed and fully furnished appointments.

I was please to see you used Delivery Hero as well. For those who have limited time or have had a full day, then the option of choosing between 21 menus from 21 local restaurants and have the meals delivered to your room, then Delivery Hero is the perfect option.

Joanne D, Also thanks for the comments on our lovely staff. We strive to make that extra difference in service with our guests and this is what I believe is another difference between Meriton North Ryde and our competitors.

We certainly hope to see you again in the near future.

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed April 11, 2014

I stayed here for two nights on business and am very pleased that Meriton has built this property in North Ryde.

I was fortunate enough to be upgraded to a 1-bedroom apartment, which was spotless as well as spacious. The laundry was very useful after several days of travel, while the kitchenette was extremely well-equipped.

On both mornings I made use of the lap pool and shuttle bus, while the included 1Gb (and fast) wi-fi per day was a boon for catching up on e-mails and podcasts. Both major competitor accommodations in the area charge extra for this - while having far higher room rates - so this is doubly appreciated.

It was a pity that neither TV had SBS channels tuned in, though I suspect this was because the hotel hadn’t done the re-scan when the transmitter frequency changed a few months ago.

With the Macquarie Centre and Macquarie University station both only a short stroll away, the apartments are extremely well-located. I will happily stay here when on business in the future.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank KaleneAndy
Dear KaleneAndy,

As a top contributor to the TripAdvisor community your comments on Meriton North Ryde are certainly most welcomed.

I could not agree more with you on that fact that we offer such a superior product offering compared to other accommodation providers in the North Ryde area.

Free 1GB wifi, state of the recreational facilities are commodities that the travelling corporate guests expects and it is important that the product offering is done right.

I do apologise about SBS not been available on your TV. We did have a major channel outage (not related to the frequency change)the week before and we believed that all our TV's had be retuned. As a resulted we have checked every channel on every TV so thank you again for your valued feedback.

Kalene Andy, we look forward to your business in the near future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near North Ryde
#1 of 5 in Chatswood
Holiday Inn Express Sydney Macquarie Park
Travelodge Hotel Macquarie North Ryde
Medina Serviced Apartments North Ryde

Been to Meriton Suites North Ryde? Share your experiences!