“Good Budget accomodation”

Travelodge Hotel Macquarie North Ryde
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in North Ryde
Reviewed May 15, 2013

Friendly staff clean rooms great for a short business trip.Breakfast facilites were very good Location was ideal for our puposes would stay again.Ideal for Business probably not ideal for a family holiday

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
TMQRMGR, Manager at Travelodge Hotel Macquarie North Ryde, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2013

Dear John R,

Thank you for staying with us at Travelodge Macquarie and for leaving your comments relating to your stay.
I am pleased to read you found the team friendly, the rooms comfortable, breakfast great and the location good for your purpose of travel which I will pass on to the rest of the team.
John R, we look forward to welcoming you back to Travelodge Macquarie when you are next in the area.

Warm regards,
Hotel Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,121)

Reviewed March 23, 2013

Nothing fancy, room clean, tidy but nothing special, close to work, shopping mall, train station and would stay again. To be honest on first impressions walking in the door of the lodge the dining areal looked like a smaller version of an Army mess hall, ( I didn't eat there so I can't comment on the food) the hall ways to the rooms also looked a little bit like a hall way in an Defence force accommodation block.

Room was big spacious clean and tidy, one of the first hotels that I've come across that has steam irons that iron clothes. Room had Microwave, dishes sink, KFS, good sized TV, very good AC etc

Security patrols appeared very good in and around the hotel / uni area when going to mall for evening meals.

Staff helpful and professional,

Didn't use the internet so can't comment on price.

Would stay again.

All Ratings calculated as very good due to price paid for room.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank DaaVee

Dear Daavee,

Thank you for staying with us at Travelodge and for leaving your valuable comments.
I am pleased to read that the hotel and room amenities met your expectations and that you found the team helpful and professional and above all, found your stay good value for money.
Daavee, we look forward to welcoming you back to Travelodge Macquarie in the future when you next require accommodation in the North Ryde and Macquarie business park.

Reviewed March 17, 2013

I've stayed here a few times, while working near by. It OK. Nothing fancy just a good basic clean room, The room is a bit small especially by N.A. standards, Note that I never get the breakfast with the room. Instead I eat at the University cafeteria which is not far away. The hotel is quite close to the mall and the subway station, which is also handy.

Room Tip: Note that I never get the breakfast with the room. Instead I eat at the University cafeteria or the...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

Dear StayedHereB4,

Thank you for staying with us at Travelodge Macquarie on more than one occasion!
I am pleased to read that you find the accommodation comfortable and that we meet your expectations.
As you mentioned, we are very central in the area to public transport and shopping as well as café and eateries should you wish to dine offsite – all of which is an advantage when staying with us at Travelodge Macquarie.
StayedHereb4, thank you again for your comments and we look forward to welcoming you back to Travelodge Macquarie.

Warm regards,

Reviewed March 4, 2013

I stayed here for two nights. The hotel is very handily located on campus and close to shops and railway station. The room is fine apart from loud garbage disposal noises outside every morning. I had a couple of issues with this place. The breakfast was very mediocre. Tinned mushrooms, eggshells in the scrambled eggs, waste bucket for left over food in full view, understaffed, things continually running out....ok so I can cope with a mediocre breakfast. My main issue was my hotel room door being opened not long before midnight by a total stranger and the hotel doing nothing about it. I reported it immediately to reception who said they "would investigate" and I followed it up the next morning at reception who claimed they had no knowledge of the incident and finally I reported it in my evaluation sheet. Still nothing from the hotel by way of apology.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed February 23, 2013

Simple rooms but Internet very expensive so bring your own. No gym but bring your running shoes nice runs in the area. Free Shuttle service is great when they get your booking correct so double check it. Good location if working in the area and checking in late not an issue. Personally I would avoid the breakfast buffer there not the best. Very affordable

• Stayed: February 2013
2  Thank Cheriece
TMQRMGR, Manager at Travelodge Hotel Macquarie North Ryde, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2013

Dear Cheriece,

Thank you for staying with us at Travelodge Macquarie, and for leaving your comments regarding your stay.
Unfortunately the internet service that is provided in throughout the hotel is provided through a third party, therefore we are unable to dictate the internet pricing, however we do offer a 15 minute complimentary internet daily as well as offering two internet terminals adjacent to reception which may be a cheaper alternative during your next visit.
Cheriece, I am also surprised to read your comments regarding the breakfast buffet, as we have had many positive comments on the consistency of the food we offer, including offering breakfast options for those who are lactose and gluten intolerant.
Cheriece, thank you again for your comment as these certainly assist us in improving our product and services we offer to our guest and we look forward to welcoming you back to Travelodge Macquarie.

Warmest regards,

Reviewed February 4, 2013

My hubby & I stayed here a week over & including Christmas as we wanted something reasonably close to friends in West Ryde & we were not disappointed. We were a bit dubious about staying in a Motel as many can be very basic but we were greeted by very friendly staff & as this hotel is very popular with bus loads of Japanese tourists they gave us a room tucked away on the 3rd floor which I think was the disabled room. The room was very quiet as we requested a room overlooking the courtyard (a tip I gleaned from previous reviews here) & even though you had guests sitting out in the courtyard below they did not impact too much with noise. We had our window open on the one cool night & a bus of Japenese tourists arrived quite late so they were chatting a bit louding outside smoking but not for too long & the reception was straight on to it so not an issue.
The room was very spacious & the King bed extremely comfortable which is a priority for me as I have bad arthritis & hip replacements so we had good sleep every night.
The room was spotless, bed was made every day & fresh towels in the bathroom & this standard was maintained the whole time were were there considering it was Christmas.
My only negative comment would be the towels are that horrible cheap white scratchy towel the size of postage stamps. Good towels are so inexpensive these days & you see decent big ones in most hotels so upgrade these & the room would have been perfect!

I read in a previous review that the swipe cards did not work & the carpark signage hard to find.....Um how can miss it as it was quite visible from both directoins & also reception gave you good directions as well. The car park was huge so totally no issue with parking especially being so close to the Hospital & University but you did need a card to get into it so it did not allow their staff & visitors so perhaps why. We did have a problem with the swipe card not working twice but there was an intercom & we were let in immediately & Reception fixed the card straight away so to me not a big issue?

The Motel was extremely close to the huge North Ryde Shopping Complex that you could walk to (or drive if you knew you were going to be laden with parcels) so one could shop to their hearts content, ice skate (yes there is a rink in it), eat, browse, go to the pictures etc etc so all in all this Motel is a little gem & we would definitely stay there whenever we are visiting friends in West Ryde again!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jennifuz
TMQRMGR, Manager at Travelodge Hotel Macquarie North Ryde, responded to this reviewResponded February 7, 2013

Dear Jennifuz,

Thank you for leaving your feedback regarding your stay and I am delighted to read that you enjoyed this ‘little gem’ in North Ryde!
In regards to your comments on the towels, I will be sure to pass your comments on to our laundry supplier regarding the size and quality. As for the room keys, they can be at times a little temperamental and the magnetic strip deactivates comes into close contact with credit cards and mobiles phones, so thank you for your patience and understanding.
Jennifuz, thank you again for your comments and we look forward to welcoming you back to Travelodge Macquarie when you next visit your friends in the Ryde area.

Reviewed January 21, 2013

We have just returned from the Travelodge, after staying there for 6 nights. We chose this hotel as we have family who live in Epping so for us it was the closest accommodation we could find.

The room itself was adequate for what we needed it for, which was simply a bed to sleep. Upon arrival the rooms was clean. As we had 3 people staying in this room, we had to constantly go back down to reception and ask for our third towel, this was a daily occurence. We had trouble with using the phone in the room, and we couldn't find instructions anywhere on how to dial reception or make contact with our other family members who were also staying here. We also had the cleaners knocking at our door one morning at 7.40am! The cleaning of the rooms was inconsistent, one afternoon we returned to find that the bathroom hadn't been properly vacuumed as there was still hair there from the morning.

We also had troubles with our airconditioner which did not work. We went down and informed the guy at reception and he was like ' we will get someone to have a look at it' and what amazed me was that he did not write anything down or ask our room number. Upon returning that afternoon we discovered that surprise surprise the air con was still not working! We approached reception again and the lady on reception told us that there was no-one available to look at the aircon until Monday and that the guy at reception should have informed us of that. The only other issue that both my nephews had and we had was the deactivating of the swiper card that allowed you into the carpark and and into your room the day before you were due to check out.

This may seem like a harsh review, but i'm writing this in hope that these small, issues may be worked upon.

I would stay here again, it has alot of potential and i also thought it had ample parking.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
TMQRMGR, Manager at Travelodge Hotel Macquarie North Ryde, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2013

Dear JulsCalabr0,

Thank you for staying with us at Travelodge Macquarie North Ryde, and for leaving your valuable comments.
Without your comment; it makes it difficult to identify areas that require further attention, therefore I do encourage all feedback in order for us to improve our quality and consistency which in turn will improve our guest satisfaction.
I am sorry that all these small issues affected your impression on the hotel; however I am pleased to read that you would return to allow us to change your perception.
JulsCalabr0, thank you again for your constructive feedback, and we look forward to welcoming you back to Travelodge Macquarie when you next travel to Sydney.

Also consider these accommodations in or near North Ryde
Medina Serviced Apartments North Ryde
1 mi away
Courtyard Sydney-North Ryde
Holiday Inn Express Sydney Macquarie Park

Been to Travelodge Hotel Macquarie North Ryde? Share your experiences!