“Full appartments as a hotel”
Review of Quest North Ryde

Quest North Ryde
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in North Ryde
Plankstadt
“Full appartments as a hotel”
Reviewed November 15, 2010

I you plan to stay for a longer period in the area this is a good place to be. Be aware that you should have a car to go around as there is nothing besided a very small 7-11-kind shop. two restaurants a re located in the complex, but I have not tried them The rooms are more like full appartments with full kitchen etc.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank rayu66

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
  • Thai first
Melbourne
Reviewed October 13, 2010

I've just spent a very comfortable two weeks at this hotel while I was working in the area. I had a street-front room but those at the back of the property seem to be the pick - overlooking national park.

The hotel is really only convenient to North Ryde railway station. Otherwise it's a pretty lifeless corporate area. There's a restaurant downstairs which I didn't try but seemed popular with lunching businessmen. The outdoor heated pool and well-equipped gym were handy.

My 1 bedroom was comfortable and offered everything I needed, although the absence of a stereo and DVD player was surprising. WiFi instead of cable broadband would also be more convenient for business travellers with mobile devices.

• Stayed October 2010
Queanbeyan
Reviewed May 2, 2010

Great spot, quiet room, good bed, clean, mini bar good, internet fast, service all round good. breakfast the bacon and eggs were over greasy , the bacon could have been grilled to make it better. The eggs were quite oily too??? Chef a bit slack. Allround though it was a good experience. Too expensive i must say.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed April 27, 2010

Well furnished with all essentials. Great pantry for simple cooking. Perfect for family with teenagers.

Stayed December 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank YvonneChng
The Heart of East Yorkshire
Reviewed February 16, 2010

I stayed at Quest-North Ryde for about a month in Jan/Feb 2010. I had a one-bedroom apartment. My room had a queen bed and a shower, no bath -- an arrangement I actually prefer.

The rooms are quite good; there is a good-sized fridge, two-burner hob, large microwave that supposedly doubles as an oven (though I'm not sure how, never tested this option), washer and dryer that actually works better than what I have back in England. There is also a tiny (and I mean tiny) Barbie-sized dishwasher. I usually just washed the dishes by hand.

The rooms themselves are clean and tidy, though they are equipped with that low-wattage high-efficiency lighting means that depresses the hell out of you (surely global warming beats this!). I found the bed to be comfortable, the room was very quiet, and the aircon (one unit in the living room/ktichen and a second in the bedroom) to be very powerful, though some colleagues complained of weak AC.

Shower had amazing pressure; it could take a layer of skin off you; this is a real plus in my book.

The room had internet via ethernet cable, no wireless option. It was pretty fast, and the hotel did a deal I was staying for such a long time (ask about this!).

The hotel is located out in a no-man's land of office buildings; there is no community life at all. There is a restaurant on the ground floor ("Atlantis") with good service and good food, but it is very pricey in my book. Next door is an Italian place ("Fourno") that is closed Sunday and Monday, they also do good (but overpriced) pizzas, pastas, etc. Think $20 minimum for a pizza or $16 for a Ceasar salad. Besides that, there is NOTHING there.

The train station is a couple of blocks away, about five minutes' walk. From there, Chatswood is one stop down the line, and North Sydney and the Sydney CBD maybe 20 minutes away. That particular train line is very nice; the North Ryde station is bright, clean, and well-laid out.

Breakfast is totally overpriced at something like $25/day (or is it $15/day?), but two stops down on the rail line is the Macquarie Shopping Centre with a big Woolworth's where you can buy the fixings for a full breakfast for more like $1.50/day.

I bought dishwashing and laundry soap at Woolies which was a mistake, since the hotel provdes this!

Some other reviewers have complained about the hotel staff; I found them ranging from aloof to pleasant, never encountered anything unfriendly or unhelpful.

Hotel has a fitness center and pool, plus free parking in the underground garage. On my last night (of a month-long stay) I could not find a place to park in the garage but was able to find something on the hotel grounds.

One of my only complaints is with respect to cleaning. I'm not sure if there is less-than-daily cleaning frequency, but the bathroom was often not cleaned, towels not replaced. Sometimes the dishes I left in the sink (intending to wash myself after work) were magically cleaned and put away, other times they were placed in the dishwasher for me, and yet other times they were untouched. Regardless, I found the cleaning to be a bit dubious. The hotel isn't "dirty" but I wouldn't label it "spotless" by any means.

I am returning to Sydney with my family (wife and 2-year old) and we will need a place to stay for 3 months until we can move into a house. I can see staying at the Quest for maybe 2-3 weeks, but I wouldn't recommend it with a family for much longer than this. But for a solo business traveller on a long-term project, or for a 2-3 week visit with a family, it's a great option and I'd recommend it.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
2 Thank TrayflowinUK
Brisbane
Reviewed October 20, 2009

We stayed at the Quest North Ryde as we had a wedding to attend in Sydney. We booked a 2 bedroom apartment as we had our 2 year old daughter staying with us and her Uncle and Aunty were babysitting. We requested a early check in so our daughter could have her mid day nap and get settled before we left for the wedding. Upon arrival i thought our room wouldnt be ready and we would just have to wait but i was wrong - our rooms were all ready and we could go put our bags down give our daughter her nap and chill before getting ready. The service from the girls at the front desk was brilliant. It is very easy to get into town from the hotel. The hotel was spotless i couldnt complain about anything. Well done Quest North Ryde we will be back.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family
belconnen
Reviewed June 30, 2009

Quest North Ryde had just another business hotel type lobby. Security is quite good as you need to swipe a card to access your floor. Parking is secured at night so it kind of give you peace of mind about safety.

The room is a bit small comparing with property nearby but it provides more amenties (kitchette). The bathroom looks ok but hasn't got a bath tub. Not too important nowadays given that Australia has drought problem. It is comparatively further away from Macquarie shopping centre but it's less than 10 mins drive. Another short coming is the lack of pleasant view and executive writing desk, which is available at 2 other properties around the area.

Overall, both the parking and the room looks good enough. This is a big improvement from my previous stay. Last year I stayed for 2 nights in this hotel. The first nigh I left some take away in the fride and some chocolates on the desk for my second night's consumption. I went out in the morning and all my food are gone when I returned in late afternoon. And the fridge is switched off. This is an indication that there isn't any communication between management and the cleaning staff!!!!! I complained to the front desk staff and dropped down my details but haven't heard anything since then. The young male staff with balck hair was helpful and sympathic. The management could have done the same - be helpful and sympathic. I was not going to ask for $30 compensation for the food I've lost. But the attitude of the management is really annoying.

My recommendation - one night stay is OK as long as their cleaning staff doesn't come in and throw away your stuff.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near North Ryde
Courtyard Sydney-North Ryde
Travelodge Hotel Macquarie North Ryde
Holiday Inn Express Sydney Macquarie Park
Medina Serviced Apartments North Ryde
MGSM Executive Hotel and Conference Centre
Meriton Suites Chatswood

Been to Quest North Ryde? Share your experiences!