“Comfortable, clean & friendly staff” 4 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Quest North Ryde
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in North Ryde
Melbourne, Australia
“Comfortable, clean & friendly staff”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2013

Stayed at the Quest for 2 nights during a business trip as my head office is in North Ryde. The location for me was ideal. Staff were very friendly and helpful, the room was clean and spacious. We had a dinner for about 6 of our sales team at the restaurant, the quality of the food was very good, the service was also good with the time between courses more than acceptable and the staff attentive. Also if you enjoy a walk, the Lane Cove park is within easy walking distance. The Quest also has a decent outdoor swimming pool with an outdoor spa and a good gym facility.
I would be happy to recommend the Quest at North Ryde

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
QNR_2113, Director of Sales at Quest North Ryde, responded to this review, October 17, 2013
Dear Ian,

Thank you very much for your feedback. We are happy to hear that we lived up to your expectations and appreciate you sharing your experience with other travelers.
We look forward to welcoming you back to Quest North Ryde in the future.

Quest North Ryde

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
Huntervalley
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2013

Stayed at this hotel with a child competing at State Little Athletics. This is a great location when all hotels close to Olympic Park are booked out. It is only about 5-10 minutes by car. The room was large & clean. All appliances were in working order. The parking was a problem as once you leave you are not guaranteed a spot when you return. Having to find a parking spot in surrounding streets & then as a female with a child having to walk back to the hotel at night was a concern. The room key was used for all areas & whilst this is good for security my key did not always work.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank armadeus
QNR_2113, Director of Sales at Quest North Ryde, responded to this review, October 3, 2013
Thank you very much for your feedback regarding your stay with us in March.

We note your dissatisfaction regarding the lack of available car parks during your stay, and do apologise that this did not live up to your expectations. In response to this we are in the process of reviewing the car parking facilities and processes to ensure car parks are available to all our guests at any time.

Again thank you very much for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel again in the future.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2013

Great rooms that are very clean and spacious. The room included a washer, dryer, ironing board, iron, hair dryer and generous complimentary toiletries. Sufficient amount of clean linen was provided and the parking is very secure. Great location with friendly staff that make customer service a priority. A very nice cafe in the building next door with great food.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Jessica M
QNR_2113, Director of Sales at Quest North Ryde, responded to this review, September 17, 2013
Dear Jessica,

Thank you very much for your feedback regarding your recent stay at Quest North Ryde.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2013

The hotel advertises that parking is available, and is happy to add $15 a night to your bill to pay for it, but as we found out when we got home after our evening out apparently that doesn't actually mean there will be parking available for you anywhere near the hotel. And as there is no street parking i was doing laps for 15 minutes trying to find somewhere to park. Hotel is located in the middle of an office park. Nearest parking is next to the cemetery about a block away.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
5 Thank shaunanthony
QNR_2113, Director of Sales at Quest North Ryde, responded to this review, August 13, 2013
Dear shaunanthony,

Thank you for your post regarding your stay at Quest North Ryde.

We are appreciative of you providing such feedback we we may work towards making the facility of car parking better for the future.

In light of your comments and feedback, we are currently working on a process to further guarantee that our guest's will have exclusive access to the car park. We thank you for bringing this to our attention and apologise for any inconvenience you may have experienced during your stay.

Thank you again for your invaluable feedback, and we hope to welcome you to the Hotel again soon.

Wollongong, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2013

Stayed here last week and like one of the other reviews on here my room was miles from anywhere and the door in was tucked behind a second door. Took ages to get to the lift. There was a group of us staying for work and we were spread all over the hotel with some in balcony rooms and no one could believe where my room was and how different it was to everyone elses.
The room was ok but when you first walked in it smelt like sewerage and either I got used to it or it dissipated as I moved around the room - this could explain why the second room key was in the room and the air turned on when I walked in - not sure if they always do this though.
Didnt have anything to do with any staff other than check in - but an amusing thing was when I was checking in they asked if I had a car and I did so they told me it was $15 per night so ok its Sydney. However I had to ask how to access the parking as the information wasnt told to me voluntarily by the staff member.
The onsite restaurants are expensive. Breakfast is appalling for the price but this is not run by the hotel. No excuse really - breakfast was an ultimate rip off. Dinners were ok.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Allymal
Dear Allymal,

Thank you for your recent post regarding your stay at Quest North Ryde.

We are genuinely appreciative of your feedback, as this will allow us to continuously strive to meet our guest's standards, and that of our own.

With regards to your concerns regarding the distance from the lift to your apartment, we are more than happy to allocate your apartment to a room closer to the lift/s. We regret that we could not assist you with a solution throughout your stay, however recommend requesting this when you next choose to stay with Quest North Ryde.

Please also be assured that our maintenance department have been alerted to your concerns, and will monitor and attend to such 'smells', should they occur, when servicing all rooms throughout the Hotel.

Our front office team have also been reminded of the importance of explaining such use of all facilities at the Hotel, and we hope this will not be a occurrence during your future stay.

As you mentioned, the onsite restaurant is owned and operated by a separate proprietor, however we have advised the management team of your disappointment for review.
We are pleased that you did enjoy your dinner, and also recommend our pantry shopping service for your future stays. One of our staff will purchase your chosen items and groceries and place these in your room for your arrival.

We would like to thank you again for your invaluable feedback and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Sydney Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2013

Stayed for 3 nights in the quest, while it's not in the most central location it's a good option for those working / visiting the business park on the other side of Dehli road. The rooms are newish and the staff are friendly and accommodating.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
QNR_2113, Director of Sales at Quest North Ryde, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
Dear Kierand80,

Thank you for your kind words and feedback.

We are pleased to learn that we met your expectations, and look forward to seeing you in the near future.

Sydney, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013

I seemed to have a different experience than most of the other reviewers at this one.

I stayed here in January 2013 on the day of the major heatwave in Sydney when temperatures got up to 46 C (115 F) as my apartment gets extremely hot and I opted to splurge on some aircon for myself. I booked a studio room online and went over to the hotel after picking up a few belongings from home. When I walked up to the front desk the woman said "You look tired!". I'm thinking "What?? why is she saying this ? Of course I look tired it's 46 !@#$ degrees outside I'm practically roasted". Anyway she proceeds to give me the room key and let me know just to swipe my room card at the parking garage if I need parking. I asked "So there's no charge for parking ?" , then she said "well if you swipe your card you will get charged $14". Why she didn't bother to let me know about the charge when she gave me instructions ?? In any case there was plenty of parking in front of the place right outside my room, so I just parked for free.

The room itself is comfortable with good bed, but extremely cramped. There is barely room for one person so sit in a chair, and the desk is much to close to the bed to use comfortably. The "kitchenette" was just a sink with small fridge. The bathroom didn't even have a bathtub. Also the front door was somewhat damaged on the outside.

I think there is much more value for money at the Meriton apartments throughout Sydney, I have stayed at 2 Quest and they both seem very "plastic" and non-homey. Also I don't get this concept in Australia of serviced apartments where there are people living there long term - it's somewhat offputting to smell residents cooking odors , screaming children, etc when walking the hallways, and I can't see these being viable long term investment units except maybe as a retirement units one day.

To top it off when I checked out I asked to have points added to my frequent flyer account. The woman at checkout said in a non-friendly way: "this rate is too low to get frequent flyer points". Gee, where do these people get their customer service skills ?? I would recommend to say something like "I'm sorry but you would have needed to book a one bedroom apartment to qualify for points, I'm sorry that our website did not inform you of this when you booked the room".

It's unfortunate that way out in the suburbs of North Ryde the Quest studio rooms were created so small to be barely useable whereas the studios at the Meriton Kent Street in the middle of Sydney have more than ample space for the same price. Also front desk people need a brush up on their people skills.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Dear mg35,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay at Quest North Ryde.

We are disappointed to learn that our accommodation, services and facilities did not leave you with a satisfactory impression of our Hotel.

We are also disappointed that we were not able to address these comments during your stay in January.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Quest North Ryde, so you may experience the true Quest guest experience.

Also consider these accommodations in or near North Ryde
Meriton Serviced Apartments North Ryde
Courtyard Sydney-North Ryde
Travelodge Hotel Macquarie North Ryde
Holiday Inn Express Sydney Macquarie Park
Medina Serviced Apartments North Ryde
Meriton Serviced Apartments Chatswood

Been to Quest North Ryde? Share your experiences!