“Disgusting smelly place No @”

Medina Serviced Apartments North Ryde
Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in North Ryde
Melbourne, Australia
“Disgusting smelly place No @”
Reviewed December 29, 2013

Writing this review as we depart, foul smelling bins, a pair of mens underpants left in the nearby gardens for more than a couple of days, the laundry equipment was substandard,not sure what the purpose of room service was as they appeared to do very little. The pool was cloudy the day we were swimming

• Stayed December 2013
1 Thank TheVortexx
Arthur R, General Manager at Medina Serviced Apartments North Ryde, responded to this review, February 10, 2014
Dear TheVortexx

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay at Medina Serviced Apartments North Ryde. I apologise for the delayed response. My name is Arthur Rojas, and I am the new Hotel Manager here.

I will definitely share your thoughts with both the Housekeeping and Maintenance team. The team is to ensure the local environment surrounding the townhouses remain clean of clutter and rubbish. While all rooms contain a laundry with a washer and dryer, they can be subjected to maintenance issues. If you could email me via arojas@toga.com.au and explain to me the issues you experience with our equipment I will have the team look at the equipment in your specific room.

Please do let me know when you next need accommodation in the North Ryde area as I would like you to experience a strong level of service and value for money.

Kind regards

Arthur Rojas

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Tamworth, New South Wales, Australia
Reviewed November 12, 2013

Stayed here last weekend for 3 nights. Paid $450 so not cheap. My courtyard was littered with cigarette butts but despite complaining to front house management they were still there when I checked out. Also there was blood (not mine) on the shower tiles - which was attended to by the house maid but also there was hair and mould on the shower tracks (ew!!!!). Tiles were mouldy. This is a real shame because parking is free and the units are spacious. But the units are old and tired and the housekeeping couldnt be bothered. I will stay at Quest next time.....

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Sharon M
Dear Sharon M

I will definitely share your thoughts with the housekeeping team. It’s important that we are proactive with both the interior and exterior of each apartment ensuring a string standard of cleanliness.

Kind regards

Arthur Rojas
Wollongong, Australia
Reviewed November 3, 2013

My wife and I and 3 children stayed here for 2 nights as we needed something reasonably priced that was within a reasonable distance from Olympic Park (about a 15 minute drive depending on traffic). Based on some recent reviews we were pleasantly surprised. The 2 bedroom apartment was huge and clean (yes there was a little mould in the grout in the shower but not so bad as to warrant a complaint). TV's, Oven, Dishwasher, Air con all worked in our room. There were some missing tiles around the pool which need fixing, but the pool itself was beautifully clean (as was the spa and sauna).

No there isn't restaurant at the apartments, but we knew that when we booked and made a quick trip to the shopping centre down the road to get whatever we needed for breakfast and dinner (which we cooked in our own kitchen - so why would you need a restaurant).

The room was nice and quiet with no road noise and a lovely bush setting.

Overall we were very happy and will be staying here next time we need to be in the area.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
TMQRMGR, Manager at Medina Serviced Apartments North Ryde, responded to this review, November 7, 2013
Dear DJS1963,

Thank you for staying with us at Medina Serviced Apartments North Ryde and for leaving your comments through Trip Advisor.
I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us, and found the value for money in the property, as well as enjoyed the location and facilities onsite.
You will be pleased to know that the maintenance team are in the process of reviewing the tiles around the pool area, and I have also passed on your comments regarding the mould in the shower to the housekeeping team to ensure it will be an area of focus moving forward.
DJS1963, thank you again for your comments, and we look forward to welcoming back to Medina Serviced Apartments North Ryde.

Auckland Region, New Zealand
Reviewed October 29, 2013

What a horrible place to stay. There was mildew in the shower, the floors were dirty and had not seen a vacuum for quite some time. Very smelly place and would not recommend to any one. Location is also not good as it is a long way from any services

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank LeezS2
Dear Swisstruffles,

Thank you for staying with us at Medina Serviced Apartments North Ryde, and for leaving your comments regarding your stay with us.
I am sorry to hear that we failed to meet your expectations, however we will certainly use your comments to improve the quality and service that we offer.

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed August 28, 2013

Great facility. Stayed there many times over the past 6 years. The apartment provides a great functional working space, particularly if you are traveling with companions. If you need to stay in this location it would be a fantastic place for a family. Nothing to do for kids, so you would be going for the functionality or proximity. Included breakfast is basic but works. Close to the medical and university precincts, friendly staff.

Apartments are comfortable, quiet, only downside was no wifi (cat5 is available but very difficult to connect to an iPad!). Some areas look a little dated/shabby, but overall I wouldn't let that get in the way!

Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
TMQRMGR, Manager at Medina Serviced Apartments North Ryde, responded to this review, September 1, 2013
Dear Chris_7777_au,

Thank you for staying with us at Medina Serviced Apartments North Ryde, and for providing your comments.

I am delighted to read that you enjoy the facilities at the property, and we look forward to welcoming back to Medina North Ryde during your next visit to the area.

Warmest regards,
Canberra
Reviewed August 19, 2013

The Medina Apartments unlike some 5 star hotels and apartments I stayed in was spotless. The curtains were fresh, no mould growing in the bathroom and kitchen utensils shinning. This despite being a fairly old establishment.

I didn't get a chance to check the pool or the spa but I definitely will, when I return.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Dear Francis T,

Thank you for staying with us at Medina Serviced Apartments North Ryde, and for providing your kind comments. We have been working extensively with our housekeeping team, and I am pleased to read that you have seen the results.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Medina Serviced Apartments North Ryde when you are next visiting the area.

Best regards,
Reviewed July 28, 2013

I chose these apartments as I was travelling with my mother, grandmother and baby daughter for a family funeral and needed 2 bedrooms and to be in this suburb.

So I booked this apartment for the size and location and that's all I got. It was filthy and very damaged. The front door looked like it had been kicked in with I break right down the middle on the front and back. It looked like only the paint was holding it together. The walls were grubby. The mirror in the main bed had greasy marks all over it. The main bedroom also had chunks of bread under the bed so had clearly not been vacuumed. The ensuite toilet would get locked on the flush and the shower dripped constantly. The furniture had big chunks knocked out of if all through the flat - tv cabinets, side tables etc.

The balconies of the flats next door all bear down on the apartment living room and main bedroom so it felt very exposed.

I travel extensively for work and with my family and am happy to put up with general wear and tear and some cleaning issues but this place was revolting. I wouldn't stay here again and wouldn't recommend it.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank Tlka
TMQRMGR, Manager at Medina Serviced Apartments North Ryde, responded to this review, August 11, 2013
Dear Tlka,

Thank you for staying with us at Medina North Ryde, and for also leaving your comments.

Tlka, I am sorry to hear that we failed to meet your expectations, and you faced several maintenance and housekeeping issues. At Medina we consistently strive to improve our service and product therefore I appreciate your comments with the areas which you believe should be of greater focus, which I will follow up with relevant departments.

Tlka, thank you again for your feedback and I do hope you chose to stay with us again when you next require accommodation in the North Ryde, Macquarie Park area.

Also consider these accommodations in or near North Ryde
Central Business District
Travelodge Hotel Sydney
Travelodge Hotel Sydney
#97 of 174 in Sydney
Adina Apartment Hotel Norwest
#1 of 2 in Baulkham Hills

Been to Medina Serviced Apartments North Ryde? Share your experiences!