“Below par in every way”
Review of Hermitage Motel

Hermitage Motel
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Muswellbrook
Reviewed February 10, 2010

I have stayed at the above motel a few times now due to necessity with others being booked out. If I am unable to find another motel in Muswellbrook in the future I will be spending the night in another town. The rooms are small with miniscule bathrooms, very old and NOISY air conditioners and poor reception televisions with minimal channel choice.
The owner/manageress is rude beyond belief for someone working in hospitality.
On previous stays I have been told that the restaurant was not open that evening and I would have to go elsewhere 'these things happen' I was not informed of this when I booked on the same day.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank AlloverNsw

Reviewed September 21, 2009

We stayed there with a group of us. We had booked 8 rooms and sent the full payment for the rooms 3 months in advance.
We asked about dinner and was told they could arrange it for us. We had 21 people and on arrival was told a roast dinner with dessert would be $25.00 each. This was for the smallest plate of roast I have ever seen (two small pieces of roast, one small potato cut in half, one little piece of pumpkin and peas with gravy and dessert) differently not $25.00 value. Some of our group decided not to have dinner there so half of us went into dinner to do the right thing and the owner came in an abused us while we were eating our meal in front of other customers and we were told someone would pay if the others did not come in for dinner and then they went to the rest of pur group and did the same. The owner could have spoken to one of us on the side and not embarresed us in front of other guests. Our meal was small and being abused during our dinner did not help the situation. Some of us had to order pizza after.
Having got the interest on our money for three months then ripping us off on dinner they made quite a lot of money out of us
The bathroom was the smallest I have every seen and you could not turrn off the shower or sink tap propperly so they dripped all night.

The owners needs a lesson in manners if they want to keep paying customers.
Our group stayed there last year but will not stay there again.

I would never recommend this motel to anybody.

• Stayed: September 2009
1  Thank pondy2
Reviewed June 14, 2009

After reading sam from melbourne's review on your website i felt the need to write a review.
I stayed at the Hermitage in may 2009 and found the service to be great, rooms the cleanest i have seen, restuarant was lovely and fresh ,food good.
My husband and i had a most enjoyable time and would strongly recomend other traveller's to stay there.
I have been told new owners brought the motel in march 2009.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank cowgirl123
Reviewed September 23, 2008

On a driving trip from Melbourne to Brisbane we arrive one night at Muswellbrook. A tiny town in NSW. The Hermitage Motel looked nice enough so we stopped there at around 7.30pm.
Reception was open however unattended, so I rang the bell continually for 5 minutes before the owner arrived from the office in her pyjamas to organise a room. We said we were after dinner and with only 1 restaurant in town a 5 minute drive away we asked what the options were. She said they had a restaurant but we would need to hurry as they stop serving at 8.00pm. Hmmm.
Anyway, we had a basic but nice meal in the restaurant and went to the room. We slept ok on the single beds and in the morning I headed to the smallest bathroom I have ever been in to have my shower. Upon turning on the water the solid metal shower head shot off the pipe with the force of the water and almost hit me in the face. Thankfully I was not standing directly face on to the shower pipe else I would have a broken nose or have lost an eye. After getting over the shock, I showered under what was effectively a hose as the shower head was rusted beyond help.
We checked out straight away and I mentioned my near facial mauling experience to the owner who informed me “well, these things happen”. What type of hotel management says that to a guest in that situation? I received no apology, no concern for my welfare and no offer of a refund or room rate reduction. I was offered a shower in another room but was not game after my last experience.
My recommendation. Don’t stop at Muswellbrook and if you have to, STAY SOMEWHERE ELSE!

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
Also consider these accommodations in or near Muswellbrook
Noah's Mid City Motor Inn
The Wayfarer Motel
#7 of 7 in Muswellbrook
Baybrook Motor Inn and Apartments
Airlie House Motor Inn

Been to Hermitage Motel? Share your experiences!