“Terrible, Smelly, Dirty would not stay again.......” 1 of 5 bubbles

Add it.
El Toro Motor Inn
Ranked #8 of 10 Hotels in Liverpool
Yamba, Australia
“Terrible, Smelly, Dirty would not stay again.......”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2013

We stayed here the end of June 2013 and were really disappointed in the Condition of the rooms, not to mention the dodgy area being attached to a pub and factory industrial area . Smelly smoke filled rooms, stained carpets, dirty bathrooms, stained bed linen, Electrical Switches that are damaged, the council should be doing more to inspect this place, can't believe that it hasn't been shut down. Staff were friendly but really should take more responsibility for the condition of the rooms and make sure that the cleaners actually do their job. They should not rent the rooms out if they are not clean. Overall we didn't feel safe at all while staying here, woke up at every sound and expected to wake up in the morning to our car being stolen.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
5 Thank Brendan N Darle... W

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Griffith, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2013 via mobile

We stay here frequently when we travel to Sydney. I am amazed at the reviews I have read. Sure it is old with old furnishings but my room was clean. The location is great to walking distance to Liverpool shops.

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank Kellyanne19741
Gulargambone, New South Wales, Australia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2013

This motor inn is an absolute disgrace. The room was dirty, i walked around inside with shoes on because i was too scared to take them off. Old, dirty and disgusting is how i would describe my experience.

Room Tip: Do not book a room here.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Casey W

Travelers are raving about these Liverpool hotels

Sydney, Australia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2013

Booked a 2 bedroom renovated room. Paid extra for refurbished room ( I would hate to see non renovated rooms) Rooms were old and extremley dusty.The dust on the coffee table was an inch thick.Bathroom was dirty with hair all over the floor.There was no lamp on bedside table in master bedroom. Okay i guess for an over night stay, but cleaners need to be more thorough cleaning rooms.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank travelbugz086
Sanctuary Point, Australia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2013

When booking the room I was asked if I wanted the "recently refurbished" room for $99 which I accepted for my sister and I. Whilst unpacking I noticed the mirrored wardrobe and also the mirror above the chest of draws dusty, covered in fingerprints etc. The lights above ladened with dust and cobwebs, one working, one not. A dead cockroach lay between the two bedside tables. I entered the bathroom to find numerous long hairs on the bathroom floor, wall tiles, back of door, and also soap remnants in the shower cubicle soap holder. The icing on the cake was when I opened up the day curtain to find a massive cobweb with resident spider living on the upper pane of the filthy window which was also covered in a black mould. I spoke to the receptionist who apologised and who advised me to bring my findings to the staff the following morning, to which I did. The head of housekeeping accompanied me back to the room and when entering she proceeded to ask if we had just showered. I knew where she was heading and I cut her off. I replied that we had just showered, but stating that both my sister and I have short hair. She inspected the bathroom and then the bedroom section with myself pointing out all of what I had reported the night before. Nothing in the way of apology was given. I can only say that do not go by the pictures on the web site for you will be very disappointed. The room we had (No.5) was not serviced prior to our arrival and it is in my opinion a very unhealthy environment to sleep in. Recently refurbished...........I do not think so!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank faraway_9
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

Stayed here for 2 nights and all I have to say is I could not wait to leave that dump... It was absolutely disgusting!! The moment we walked through the doors this overpowering putrid stench smothered me. It reeked of sewerage.. There was little bugs flying around the whole room, they obviously came from the drain pipe from the shower.. The fridge was tiny, beds uncomfortable, pillows lumpy, cracked walls, collapsing roof, dirty floors. Overall experience horrible!!!! Never again!! We wouldn't even let our dogs stay there!!

• Stayed January 2013
5 Thank dunche
Auckland Region, New Zealand
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2013

This place is a an absolute dive avoid it if you can. stayed one night, disgusting filthy smelly rooms. reception lady was lovely and thats the only positive i can say about this place.
rooms say non smoking but stunk of smoke. linen was smelly and bathrooms didn't look like it had been cleaned. air con so loud.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank sptizberg
Also consider these accommodations in or near Liverpool
Holiday Inn Warwick Farm
Mercure Sydney Liverpool
Mercure Sydney Liverpool
#2 of 10 in Liverpool
Ibis Styles Sydney Lansvale

Been to El Toro Motor Inn? Share your experiences!