Message from TripAdvisor:
This place is temporarily closed due to a natural disaster.

“Complete Surprise Packet.”
Review of Dawson Motor Inn

Dawson Motor Inn
Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Lismore
Mapleton, Australia
“Complete Surprise Packet.”
Reviewed April 3, 2011

I stayed in this Motor Inn in January 2003 when my daughter was born in the Lismore Base Hospital nearby. it was a cheap, tidy, convenient option. Six years later, upon my return, I thought I would stay again for old times' sake. I wasn't sure it was the same place when I drove in. The new proprietors had taken something very plain and serviceable and transformed it into a boutique accommodation retreat that would happily blend into the Greek Islands, Italy or many of the other Mediterranean beauty spots I have visited. My host Michael was gracious and warm with a ready smile. My room was situated behind a palm-fringed garden dining area from whence issued laughter and merriment to the clink of wine glasses, and friendly 'hellos'. The gentlemen who run the place have an excellent eye for decor with quiet elegance, plus all the practical elements of air conditioning, TV, well-appointed and clean tiled wet areas, and a minibar that was difficult to resist. Had I stayed longer I would have availed myself of the breakfast and dining options that promised much if the rest of the experience was any indication. The gardens deserve comment. They are festooned with a variety of mature palms and other tropical ornamentals, with the scent of flowering gardenias wafting through my windows. The entire enterprise reeked of fastidious standards and perfect laid-back service in a superb setting. All this for just over $100. I'd have gladly paid more. Well done, and I'll be back as Arnie S was wont to say.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
4 Thank robinarchbold

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Wollongong
Reviewed March 6, 2010

Being on the road a lot for work, there is nothing better than discovering a place that is a home away from home...and the Dawson is just that. Great home cooked breakfasts and dinners, lovely clean rooms and attentive, personal service have all added up to me going back to the Dawson many times. Anyone who says otherwise is obviously thinking of a different motel, or they have some other agenda.
I would recommend the Dawson to any of my friends and colleagues and, in fact, I have on many occasions. The owners, Pete and Gaz will really look after you. Go the Savoury Omelette!

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
3 Thank trevpreston
sydney
Reviewed February 26, 2010

old noisy air conditions and sofa beds. Far from the best motel we have stayed in. needs updating. Freindly service is a positive but not very comfortable rooms. Located next to highway with noisy trucks. Best thing about motel was the service and worst thing was a tie between the bed and the air conditioner.

• Stayed January 2010
4 Thank nld1948
Peter G, Owner at Dawson Motor Inn, responded to this review, September 22, 2011
I think that the reviewer has confused us with another Motel on Dawson St.

All of our rooms are freshly painted, new carpets, new curtains & bedspreads, most rooms with new air-cons and all beds are firm, we pride ourselves on the cleanliness of the rooms and the quiet location.
Auckland
Reviewed March 25, 2009

I was tour leader of a group of 30 who stayed 3 days in Lismore. Our decision to stay at Dawson Motor Inn proved wise. Peter Gerstenberg and Garry Jones were terrific hosts, very welcoming and ensured our stay was comfortable and enjoyable.
We made a decision at late notice to have all 30 breakfasts at Dawson Motor Inn instead of elsewhere which again proved to be the right decision. Peter and Garry set about providing 30 breakfasts at no fuss, on time, delicious, high on quality and quantity. Made our start to each day a postive one.
We also left behind luggage by mistake, the guys acted swiftly to ensure we retrieved the items before we caught our next flight out of Coolangatta.
I would recommend Dawson Motor Inn to anyone wanting a good, comfortable and relaxing stay in Lismore.
Don Mann (Auckland, NZ)