“"Enjoyable meal"”
Review of Bon Ton

Bon Ton
Ranked #28 of 43 Restaurants in Leura
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: We are a European influenced Bistro and Wine bar situated in the lovely Leura village, Blue Mountains. We are open for Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner and are fully licensed. Throughout the week we offer a two or three course dinner set menu for $45 or $55 On Fridays we have a $10 grazing menu in the bar and garden along with $24 buckets of Stella Artois beer and Cocktails.
Reviewed July 23, 2014

My husband and I thoroughly enjoyed our evening dinner at Bon Ton. We chose the set two course meal with entree and main. Service was prompt and attentive. Well done.

Reviewed July 21, 2014

Here is a copy of the email sent to Bon Tons on the 18/7/14 regarding our experience. Still no response or acknowledgement as at the 22/7/14

To whom this may concern.

This email is to inform you of the substandard service and quality of food experienced at your restaurant

We had a lunch reservation on Sunday 13/7 for 9 people with plans for being in Leura for the day and bringing an international visitor with us. Our reservation was for 9 people and we arrived on time expecting an enjoyable lunch experience – this was not what we got!

Placing our order it took 45mins for our food arrive. The majority of meals were average to say the least, with our guest still without her meal. Being 6 months pregnant, she had to get up and go to the kitchen to find out what was happening with her meal as our waiter seemingly chose to provide adequate attention to us. She was informed that the kitchen had forgotten her order!. 20 mins later her soup (fish) arrives. It was salty and tasted of rotten seafood. Three of us had a taste of the dish which was inedible. Never in my time have I ever experienced such bad service and inedible food from a restaurant in NSW or overseas for that matter! Furthermore, the waiter with short hair and glasses was rude and arrogant, bad attitude and smart back answers to us made us very close to leaving.

I am a business owner and dine out multiple times a week in various establishments. That level of food and service is just not acceptable and having to actually pay for it was the icing on the cake!

Our pleasant day was ruined by the experience at your restaurant and I really hope your staff are trained or replaced with people that can cook and be accommodating to your customers

That is the last time I will be dining at your restaurant!!!!!

7  Thank Chris7772014
Reviewed July 15, 2014

Husband and I loved the food. It was a freezing wind outside, the warmth there was better than anywhere else we tried at that time. No problem with the service. We had lunch; soup, which was lovely. An afternoon tea... and another time we had a dinner... all very good... Though it was the scones that got to me... just loved them... miles better than I make them! Jam and cream was perfect too!

Reviewed July 13, 2014

My family and I had breakfast there. We had the rudest waitress I have ever encountered.
Cream for scones was rock hard but the other meals were ok.
Not rushing back there unfortunately.

Reviewed June 30, 2014

Great service & lovely French food and vino on a freezing Winter's night! We didn't book until late in the afternoon, so were lucky to get in on a very big weekend in the area!