“Tres Bon!”
Review of Bon Ton

Bon Ton
Ranked #28 of 43 Restaurants in Leura
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: We are a European influenced Bistro and Wine bar situated in the lovely Leura village, Blue Mountains. We are open for Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner and are fully licensed. Throughout the week we offer a two or three course dinner set menu for $45 or $55 On Fridays we have a $10 grazing menu in the bar and garden along with $24 buckets of Stella Artois beer and Cocktails.
Reviewed March 24, 2014

After wandering around a very quiet Leura we settled on Bon Ton for dinner - our initial hesitation due to reviews mentioning how expensive it was. We definitely made the right choice! The food was just delightful - presentation, taste, portion size. We ate a mixed seafood starter, Chicken & Leek pie, Barramundi, ice cream & pie for desert. The place was very quiet & the Manager served us and was a real professional - left us plenty of time to choose, didn't hover but was there the minute we looked for service. The wine we chose was an unknown to us but was delicious - a Fume Sauvignon Blanc from a boutique Orange vineyard (?name). It was not a cheap retaurant but for what we ate & drank & the overall enjoymwent from everything being so perfect it was worth it.

Reviewed March 15, 2014

Decorated in a French style, Cafe Bon Ton's kitchen presented us with two beautifully plated and great tasting dishes. I had a Barramundi fish dish with ratatouille, my wife had a chicken, leek and mushroom pie. Both were great. Charming staff too.

Reviewed March 11, 2014 via mobile

The first time we went here, it was just for dessert.
We ordered a piece of cheesecake and a piece of chocolate cake.
The bill was almost $50.. for just two slices of cake (which weren't particularly amazing)
Ive been a few more times with family and friends who wanted to try it..
The food is average at best and the prices are ridiculous. Try Silks :)

2  Thank atravelbug27
Reviewed February 21, 2014

Cafe 'Bon Ton', average food, very over priced, average décor, BAD service, BAD value for money, good location (Leura)

I'd avoid this place, the owner has a poor attitude and the place in general is totally underwhelming.

Reviewed February 20, 2014

I had an American visiting me when she opted to invite me out for dinner. I am new to Leura and the al fresco location of Bon Ton looked pleasant. I also checked the menu before booking.

My companion ordered canard confit and as I am keen on brains, and rarely see them in a restaurant, I opted for crumbed brains.

Helene's duck was appalling, grey, greasy and inedible. It was sent back and returned 20 minutes later exactly the same.

My brains were all exactly the same size and clearly out of a packet as I cook brains, and it is nigh impossible to get them all the same.

The waiter, without being asked, struck the duck off the bill but I was hugely embarrassed by her experience of dining in Leura.

Bon Ton has such an enviable location. Unfortunate for the ignorant chef.