“Meh....”

Cuisines: Australian, Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed August 6, 2014

Went here with some overseas relatives, basing my decision on the nice website photos.

The location definitely did not disappoint. Perched on top of a cliff face you can see down to the valley below.

Service was warm and adequate as well. The two servers at front were more than capable at handling the customers (a busload of tourists arrived just after us and they still managed to serve us well and heated up our baby's food).

Where I felt this place let us down, was the food.

Soft shell crabs were covered in thick, gloopy batter. You can get better versions at any of Sydney's small sushi bars.

The Reuben sandwich: please do a research trip to New York City and visit any of the Jewish delis to taste a real Reuben. That dry meat sandwich does not resemble any of the reubens I've tried.

And did somebody in the kitchen spill a container of salt on our fries?

The food left everyone very underwhelmed.

2  Thank Max M

Reviewed July 25, 2014

We decided to stay in the mountains an extra night so we could experience Solitary for our selves on Wednesday (should have planned ahead & would have realised they are closed Monday & Tuesday). The atmosphere was great with both fine dinning and cafe style food an option, which the staff handled beautifully on a busy day! Shared the Salmon gravlax for entree, gorgeous! I had the melt in your mouth ocean trout And my partner had the Beef Borguignon special of the day, he enjoyed it so much I didnt even get a taste! Presentation was not what I had excpected from a Blue mountains Restaurant...which meant we had to finish of with the Salted Carmel & Chocolate Mouse cake!!! Delicous!

Reviewed July 22, 2014 via mobile

Visited the place for lunch and despite just 60% full on a tuesday they could barely cope. Waited for almost 30min and they still did not take our order. Avoid this place at all cost. Better places to eat and enjoy the scenery.

3  Thank Aven K
Reviewed July 14, 2014

Solitary provided a warm haven for my wife to wait until I completed the walk from Echo Point. I had a fabulous freshly made (fluffy & light) scone with jam and cream while sitting next to the window looking into the valley.

1  Thank Kevin B
Reviewed July 8, 2014 via mobile

Only stopped here for a glass of wine in the afternoon and later had a coffee. Sat outside in the sun and looked out across the mountains. Didn't stay for lunch but worth a stop even for a coffee after hiking.