“Another Blue Mountains Gem”
Review of Silk's Brasserie

Silk's Brasserie
Ranked #1 of 42 Restaurants in Leura
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Since 1994 Silk's Brasserie has been the go-to restaurant for quality dining on the Blue Mountains. Warm attentive service and great food set the standard. Open 7 days for both lunch and dinner, bookings are always recommended and often essential. (Check for public holidays, we're not always open.)
Reviewed April 15, 2014

Finding a good restaurant that 'does' lunch is a challenge and we were lucky enough to find this gem in Leura. Saturday lunch was very busy but we never felt rushed or neglected. Too many good choices on the menu but we three all enjoyed ours - the prawn and baby octopus Thai style entrée was a standout as was my brother's upmarket 'bangers and mash'. Desserts tasted as good as they looked and the service throughout the meal was outstanding. A return visit is definitely on the cards.

Reviewed April 9, 2014

9 courses - 8 standouts and one good. Hard to go past that kind of record! Every dish was well constructed with matching flavours providing a rich experience. The menu was sufficiently diverse to provide for a return visit or two. We had recently eaten in hatted restaurants which were not at this level. Do yourself a favour and book in for a really good meal. Unsurprisingly, it wasn't cheap.

Reviewed April 6, 2014

Another delicious meal at Silks. This time a special occasion. I had the scallops which were amazing - perfectly dressed and so delicious.
I had steak for mains which was just once again perfectly cooked and the reduction was superb. The veg was perfectly cooked.

Julia is a great host. And I mean GREAT. She is so very nice and interesting but also keeps her service very downplayed - such a professional.
We managed dessert and they bought us petit fours and a complimentary glass of wine to celebrate our special occasion. One of my favourite restaurants in the mountains.

Reviewed April 5, 2014

Staff are wonderful. Food was lovely, some of the flavours to me were a little over complicated. Scollops were cooked really well as with my steak. The beef carpaccio was a little unbalanced with too much olive tapenade. Bread to start is lovely and the cheese cake was a crisp flavour with a great nut base. Would go again.

Reviewed April 1, 2014

We had an impromptu lunch at Silk's on our way back to Sydney, on a Tuesday. The dining room is warm and inviting with soaring high ceilings.

I had scallops to start - my favourite food! - which were succulent and delicious. My partner had the cauliflower soup, which was just as good.

And then the mains - I had the veal ravioli in a tomato, anchovy, caper and local olive sauce. It was tough for me to swap halfway for my partner's beef fillet - but it was tender, tasty and cooked to perfection.

The food is the star here, everything was seriously good, but the service was excellent too - friendly and attentive but unobtrusive.

Looking forward to going back in the middle of winter!