“So Fresh”

Ranked #6 of 43 Restaurants in Leura
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed December 12, 2013

I stayed in Leura for a few days this week with my teenage son and we ate twice at Rubyfruit. We would have eaten there on the third day as well, but the cafe is closed on Wednesdays. The staff were very welcoming. We both enjoyed the food very much. We had satay tofu wraps with garden salad on the first visit and mexican style wraps with rainbow salad on the second. The salads were very fresh and very generous. My son also enjoyed a vegan mince pie and I had my first milk-shake (vegan) in about twenty-five years. I would make a visit to Leura from Sydney just to visit this cafe again. Next time I will try to come over a weekend so that I can try the scrambled tofu with spinach on toast at Rubyfruit.

Reviewed November 21, 2013

Original and delicious food, beautifully presented. If your thought of a Vegan Cafe is all hemp and homespun readjust your thoughts to a more contemporary vibrant presentation of fresh ingredients professionally prepared at reasonable prices.
I heard the joke on the radio the other day, "how do you know if someone is Vegan?" Answer "because they will tell you!" It made me think it is a shame that some evangelical Vegans have possibly scared people away from a really delicious cuisine.
I went to Rubyfruit with a carnivore and he loved the breakfast, the menu was broad enough for us to have dilemmas of what to choose. The cakes looked amazing and will be tried on the next visit.
No matter what your diet usually includes visit this cafe and experience food made by a team who obviously love flavour, freshness and presentation.

1  Thank Beanie94
Reviewed October 19, 2013 via mobile

I've been to many vegetarian restaurants over the years and some of them vegan. This one has extraordinary food and fantastic hot beverages. We had the organic ginger and cardamom chai latte to start and I couldn't stop chugging it down. Burgers were next, I had the special "bounty" burger and my wife had the "Ruby burger". Both were served with side salad of choice - fresh and so tasty. The cakes and pastries looked fabulous but we were already too full. Will we be back? You better believe it and soon!

1  Thank BruceGraham
Reviewed October 15, 2013

As any vegan would know it is certainly challenging to find a cafe that is both vegan and totally delicious. Well search no more (if you happen to be in the Blue Mountains, NSW that is!) Rubyfruit is awesome, friendly and truly inspiring. The gal owners have taken a risk in setting up such a venture - but it has paid off. They are popular with locals and visitors and have even won a couple of new business awards. My favourite is the Banoffe pie and gorgeous vegan cheesecakes. But the breakfasts are fabulous too as is the selection of lunch options. Check it out if you are in the area (my hubby who is not a vegan likes it too!). They are a small cafe and can get really busy during lunchtime so you may have to wait for a seat and OK, all this vegan yumminess doesn't come cheap - it is a bit on the pricey side (but worth it).

1  Thank SassyCeremonies
Reviewed July 12, 2013

On a recent wet & cold weekend, 7 of us visited Rubyfruit for lunch from Sydney. We LOVED it and we're not even vegan! The food was delicious and the staff were super-friendly. We will definitely visist again and again.

2  Thank amelia c