“Excellent place in beautiful town”

Leisure Inn Spires - Blue Mountains
Reviewed December 14, 2010

Stayed here for 2 nights . Besides awful weather we greatly enjoyed our stay. Apartments are large with a dual key set up for us and our overseas friends. No real complaints but be careful not to book a room too close to the rail line if you want a peaceful nights sleep. We had read in another review about the rail line so specifically asked for a room away from this and were not disappointed. Rooms were a good size with all the amenities needed.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with friends

Reviewed December 4, 2010

This is a very pleasant apartment style hotel - very private accommodation and well positioned near the rail station at the high end of Leura Mall. It is just a pity that the architect didn't know it was going to be placed in such a beautiful rustic village - it would look well in a modern city precinct, but is totally out of character in the Blue Mountains.
The receptionist (from Sweden - sorry, I noted your name, then it went the way of so much in my 61 year old brain!) was very friendly and advised us well on where to eat - at the Alexandra Hotel which we'd otherwise not have been able to find as it is very well hidden! Leisure Inn Spires should have been designed in the Alexandra Hotel style - see photo attached.
The room was spacious and comfortable, but the bathroom needed an extractor fan - there was black mould growing on the ceiling cornice due to the dampness. I forgot to mention to the management that the shower head was split and sprayed water onto the window adding to the already damp atmosphere.
Apart from the absence of a microwave and no 'free to air' TV channels (I missed my ABC!), the apartment was set up very well - soap, shampoo, conditioner, moisturiser, etc. all on tap. There was a washing machine and dryer shared with the adjacent apartment (and laundry powder!) supplied, and everything was near new.
The apartments were in pairs with a small locked foyer (and the main door was also locked for each block - there were 2 keys needed for access), so if you had a family, you could leave open the 2 apartment doors and just lock the foyer to make a suite.
The shops in Leura have to be seen to be believed, with really interesting and unusual items for sale - I wish we could have had 2 weeks there instead of 2 days! Too many restaurants and not enough time...

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 25, 2010

I was very satisfied with Leisure Inn Spires service apartments. Located in the middle of beautiful Leura town, it was clean, beautiful, comfortable with friendly and helpful staff. I booked this accommodation almost the last minute. The person I talked to on the phone was very friendly and gave me discount. When we arrived in Leura it was Saturday afternoon and our car broke down on the way. However, the staff were more than helpful to help us find a mechanic. These are the little details that matter for the customer.
The rooms that me and my partner and our extended family had very clean, comfortable, nicely-heated in the middle of winter and well-equipped.
I would absolutely recommend it!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed September 11, 2010

The location of this place is great however the cleanliness is not. We upgraded on check-in to a self catering 1 bedroom apartment. and were allocated a large apartment on the top floor with a balcony and view along the motorway. It was very spacious and reasonably quiet, with a full kitchen and its own laundry. On the downside - There's no lift so after parking in the basement there are a number of flights of stairs to the room. We never sat on the couch as it had residue of other peoples food ingrained into it, the oven had the remains of someone elses cooking in the pan and on trays, and the heaters seemed inadequate for the size of the rooms.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
SWHG_Operations, General Manager at Leisure Inn Spires - Blue Mountains, responded to this reviewResponded January 6, 2011

Dear Ms Gypsywillow

Thank you for your recent stay at Leisure Inn Spires and your feedback received in August 2010. I would like to assure you that we greatly value all your feedback and comments detailed in your correspondence, and that the information will be used by our operations and training management to implement corrective measures as part of our process to continue improving our service standard and product quality.

I have personally investigated the issues raised in your correspondence and have taken appropriate action to prevent the re-occurrence of the incident. Please accept our apologies in relation to the “Couch and Oven cleanliness” this issue has been discussed with our Housekeeper and further procedures have been put in place to ensure this does not happen again. As per our guest compendium we have an onsite manager available at all times and if you had contacted them I am sure the issues could have been addressed immediately for you. As building codes within NSW does not stipulate complexes up to three levels install elevators we fall into this category. We are more than happy to grant guests requests for accommodation on lower levels, if requested when making bookings, if we are able to do so.

As the General Manager of the property, I am grateful for your feedback as it provides my team with a bench marking tool to ensure we “get it right”. Obviously, we failed to deliver the level of customer service that Leisure Inn Spires prides itself on during your recent stay, however, I am confident that we will rectify the issues that you have raised and in the future offer yourself and all our guests the standards they expect.

I appreciate you taking time to give us your feedback and once again apologise for what happened.

If you have any further concerns, please don’t hesitate to contact me. I look forward to ensuring your next stay with us is more enjoyable.

Kind regards

Reviewed May 4, 2010

We had a 1 bedroom self-catering unit, which was spacious and spotlessly clean. It had everything necessary including a very efficient reverse cycle air conditioner, full kitchen and laundry facilities (the laundry is shared with the adjoining unit). The unit was comfortable enough with a balcony, although perhaps just a little bland. There was a spa bath in the bathroom, and secure parking in the basement. The highway noise wasn’t an issue for us, although we did notice that some of the units at the rear might get some noise.
Reception was helpful and we received a daily towel change which was nice, as you don’t usually get this in self-catering accommodation.
The location is very good in many respects, being at one end of Leura Mall which has some interesting shops and several cafes and restaurants. You can also eat at the Alexandra Hotel, which is just a couple of minutes walk. The property is across the street from the railway station, so if you didn’t have a car, you could use the train which gives access to Sydney and Katoomba. However, the Blue Mountains sights are a little distance away (although there are taxis at the station and a couple of hop-on/hop-off bus services).
Overall, we thought that we got very good value for the money we paid.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 26, 2010

My partner and I stayed here on a Sunday night of a long weekend. After reading reviews here we made sure to request a quiet room when we checked in and seriously could not have asked for more. Huge apartment with great bathroom with spa, full kitchen, balcony and even basic foxtel. We were early and had an early check in without any problems, very friendly staff and was so quiet at night. We've stayed at allot of accommodation in Leura and for under 200 bucks we will be back.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 11, 2010

My husband and I booked a three night package here. In view of some very mixed reviews we were a bit apprehensive but found staff very helpful. Early check in on a wet day was not a problem and the one bedroom apt. was huge, clean,comfortably furnished and had reverse cycle air conditioning. A spa bath in the large bathroom was greatly appreciated and the kitchen was very well equipped..The train station is just across the road and the shops are less than a five minute walk. We could hear the trains at night but did not find them a great problem.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Leura
The Carrington Hotel
#7 of 15 in Katoomba
Leura House
Leura House
#5 of 10 in Leura

Been to Leisure Inn Spires - Blue Mountains? Share your experiences!