We stayed at the old dairy as part of a work trip. We could have stayed in a 5 star hotel but were instead put up this some might say alternative accommodation. It was a real experience to stay here, it's like self catering without the effort. A huge amount of thought has gone into the dairy, we stayed in the "milking shed" which had a main lounge/kitchen and then the bed is the hayloft up stairs. Staying in mid winter we made use of the wood burner which gave the place an extremely warm and welcoming feel. It is an extremely quiet area. The entire place has a heavily rustic feel to it with paint artistically peeling of the doors, blankets stored in a beaten up old metal box. I would highly recommend this to anyone wanting get away from the usual bland chain hotel experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Old Leura Dairy is leading the way in Australia's luxury, boutique, eco accommodation; offering a unique and exclusive travel experience in the beautiful World Heritage Blue Mountains. Nestled in the quaint village of Leura you are central to all the rugged beauty, attractions, dining experiences, pampering and shopping that the upper mountains have to offer. The eye of an artist appears throughout our wonderful, intimate and sensitive sanctuary. Come & experience Old Leura Dairy ...Where our goal is for our guests to leave taking "something" with them; an experience, a memory, an inspiration, a dream. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com and Agoda so you can book your Old Leura Dairy reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Old Leura Dairy Hotel Leura
- Old Leura Dairy Blue Mountains