Fairmont Resort Blue Mountains - MGallery Collection
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Leura
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed July 6, 2010

After avoiding the Fairmont for two years, I ventured back there for a few nights. This place still has to be the cosiest around, with great log fires, good food and the current staff are terrific. The welcome you receive from the concierge staff, David and Peter, the smiles and the assistance with luggage, making sure the logs are thriving on the fire - you guys are terrific. The indoor pool was great, the temperature just right when it is bitterly cold outside.
I look forward to returning later in thet year when no doubt you would have regzained your five star status - and minor flaws will no doubt have been corrected. Obviously you are in the hands of an experienced General Manager.

Stayed: July 2010, traveled with friends
Write a ReviewReviews (2,531)

Reviewed June 22, 2010

Having never stayed at The Fairmont before I had no preconceived ideas of the hotel's past glory
A long tree lined driveway takes you down to an impressive large foyer, I was warmly greeted by two lovely, impeccably dressed gentlemen who escorted me to the front desk.
Staff here were friendly and efficient, check in was a breeze.
After reading some of the previous reviews I was a little worried, all my fears disappeared once I opened the door to my room.
It was spacious, meticulously clean, I had a lovely bushy outlook. I'd booked the cheapest room without a mountain view, but looking onto the bush was just as nice.
The room had been recently revamped, new bathroom complete with large bath and nice bath products, a king bed, flat screen TV with cable channels (see photos)
I think the past is behind them now, they are really trying hard to regain their image as one of the premier acommodation spots in the Blue Mountains.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed June 21, 2010

My Family and I stayed at the Fairmont for my Fathers 60th Birthday, and 7 of us stayed. We loved the facilities, they were fantastic. We particularly loved the board games available, which kept us entertained until we watched the football at midnight on the screen in the bar (Which was great). The bar, with the fire going has a great atmospshere!

All of the staff were very helpful, warm and engaging. He had dinner at Eucalypt on Saturday night, as a celebration. We had a great time, (and I think we may have gotten a little noisy!). The food was great and service was excellent.

The rooms were lovely, and the staff helpful. We loved our time there so much, we are already organising our next family trip for December, and plan on making your hotel, our regular celebration place.

There are so many things to do, and the location is excellent for access to Leura and Katoomba and the mountains. Next time we will bring the swimmers and golf clubs - it was frustrating seeing such a nice pool, after leaving the swim suit at home. (That is assuming we leave the billard room - we spend hours in there on the full size tables)

I recommend this resort to anyone! With Kids or without! Fantastic!

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed June 19, 2010

After reading some positive reviews, we returned after an absence of 2 years, having being regulars before then.
The staff were superb, from a super smooth checkin, great breafsat, room service and dinners. Two thirds of the rooms have been reopened having been renovated- new large screen TV's etc.
The hotel is now superclean and awaiting new owners.
The staff were the most obliging we have encountered outside Japan!
The hotel rates are extremely low as they are rebuilding loyalty whcih was a pleasant surprise

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed June 7, 2010

Stayed there for 2 nights from 21 May 2010. My wife and 2 teenage sons accompanying. We booked 2 adjoining rooms and visited the hotel restaurant on Saturday night. Drinks by the log fire on Friday evening. I was worried about poor past reviews, but with a change of management the Fairmont Resort is certainly delivering good value and service now. Some extra money needs to be spent in a few places, but in the main the facilities are excellent and the staff are very eager to please. The heated indoor pool and sauna were amongst the best I've seen, and the location and views are hard to beat. Though some parts need a bit of TLC, the rooms and main areas are very good. Loved the king size bed and robes!! Lots of 5 star touches for a 3 star price tag. Hoping to go back again for another weekend soon.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed May 26, 2010

We loved the tree lined driveway up to the entrance, and the foyer decor and views are very welcoming and sets a good impression on arrival
The check in staff are well presented and professional. Concierge very helpful with luggage and local information, sightseeing etc.

The room upgrade we had was very comfortable and spacious with all amenities available and good quality. Could do with a re-vamp of colour/furnighings/bedcovers as looking a big dated in that area. However this did not spoil our general comfort whilst in the room. The bathroom was a good size, but I always prefer a separate shower rather than over the bath.

The grounds are splendid and tranquil with many avenues to wander and facilities to use if wanted.

The bar area downstairs around the huge fireplace is a wonderful place for drinks before dinner. Also the lounge area on the foyer level looks very comfortable for relaxing with a cup of tea after a long walk around the local area.

Enjoyed our short stay, and our guest from New Zealand also thought well of the Fairmont.

Will definitiely go back for a visit next year and maybe organise a group of friends to join us for a weekend visit.

Need to keep room rates at a reasonable level to maintain good value for money and attracting return visits.

Did not eat in hotel. Decided to explore nearby Leura for its many cafes and restaurants.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed May 20, 2010

From past reviews, I was expecting a resort staffed by non-english speaking immigrants & Indian fruit pickers but I was way off. Walking into the grand reception area I found myself a little embarrassed at our very casual attire & my girlfriend’s skimpy look as staff were dressed in full formal attire. It seems the new management team have finally cracked the whip.

This hotel has all the facilities of a resort but was a little dated. Our room rate for a Deluxe 3-person room was$190 AUD, a discounted rate after calling the hotel directly & included buffet breakfast. The staff were far from the bogans we had expected to meet & passed our ‘annoyance test’ with patient demeanor where we made 6 requests in 30 mins.

We originally had a 3rd storey room but found it too ordinary & requested another. We were offered room 218 & once we saw it we immediately imitated the behavior of wild pigs by throwing our luggage over the beds & made a mess of the place before they gave it to someone else.

A huge fabric wall-sized mural gave the room some atmosphere & the 2x day-beds made it a comfortable hang-out place. Our room had a king-sized bed, robes, an electronic safe, mini fridge, reverse-cycle air & 32” LCD TV with Foxtel. The small bathroom resembled a Mercure hotel’s design, every inch used to its max. I like boiling hot showers, it’s a personal idiosyncrasy however I didn’t find it hot enough so I drank myself to sleep.

The main reception/lobby area resembled a 4.5 star quality hotel for its scope & size. There are many facilities here & all of it is free, only missing a monkey zoo so its great for families & large groups. The resort is a 2 min drive to Katoomba & is situated on a large property with golf course & views of the Jamieson Valley.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with friends
4  Thank The_Pale_Ridah
Also consider these accommodations in or near Leura
The Carrington Hotel
#6 of 15 in Katoomba
Hydro Majestic Blue Mountains
Echoes Boutique Hotel & Restaurant
Palais Royale Boutique Hotel

Been to Fairmont Resort Blue Mountains - MGallery Collection? Share your experiences!