Fairmont Resort Blue Mountains - MGallery Collection
GreenLeadersGold level
Sydney, Australia
“A-M-A-Z-I-N-G”
Reviewed November 15, 2012

We stayed here over 2 days/1 night and it's a shame that we couldn't stay the whole week. Great hotel, wonderful facilities and excellent surroundings made for an awesome weekend getaway. We loved this place. The rooms are SPACIOUS, clean, tidy and well appointed. The hotel grounds are HUGE. The lake is spectacular. Very centrally located in Leura. Would DEFINITELY stay here again.

Room Tip: Great rooms all round
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (444)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
Sydney
Reviewed November 12, 2012

My wife and I recently stayed at the Fairmont Resort again this time for my birthday celebration. From the moment we arrived at the entrance, where I dropped the luggage so that I could park the car, the concierge was there like a flash to take the luggage..only needed a name that we were checked in under and before I knew it the luggage was on its way to our room even before we checked in. The staff at the front desk were extremely helpful and courteous. The refurbished room in the Jamison Wing presented beautifully. To our surprise there was a bottle of bubbly with 2 glasses in our room with a "Happy Birthday" message which was a wonderful touch and we had received a complimentary upgrade to a higher floor. We love everything about the Fairmont....the foyer where one gets the feeling of being in a Swiss chalet...the staff, rooms with comfy beds, resort facilities, the grounds....breakfast is delightful with lots of choice. The hotel's fine dining restaurant Eucalypt is excellent. Great bush walks near the the resort and of course there is the golf course for the golf enthusiasts. It is truly a wonderful resort to stay for families (last time we stayed with 2 children) as well as for couples....I totally disagree with those comments who say that it is not for couples. Over the years I have stayed in various accommodation in the Blue Mountains and since discovering the Fairmont I won't stay anywhere else. I have already booked to stay at the Fairmont again in December at the start of a road trip. I purposely tagged it on at the beginning of the trip even though our next accommodation is only an hour away because I couldn't wait to stay there again. My wife and I continue to highly recommend the Fairmont to family and friends.

Room Tip: All rooms are great so depends on your budget
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Sydney
Reviewed November 11, 2012

I think most people visit for the gold course here, the 14th hole is famed for its view. Sadly I am not a golfer so my view may be slightly distorted

In the Leura for a weekend away we stayed in a deluxe room with a view of the valley. This was stunning and opening windows was a nice bonus. The room was spacious with a bed and also a couch so there was room to move. The bed was superb and I clocked up about 3 naps in one day. I blame the bed.

The room as well as the resort in general was quiet and looked a little faded, it could do with a bit if freshening up to attract non golfers and a younger crowd.

We had dinner in Embers restaurant one night after driving around town and realising that by 9pm all restaurants were shut. Embers shuts at 9.30pm which in my view is still pretty early for a hotel - luck we got in quick! Food was decent and the crackling fireplace was not only necessary in the weather but also made for great ambience

A good place to go if you are looking for somewhere quiet to relax

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank TravelClassic
Reviewed November 9, 2012 via mobile

Fairmont Resort is gorgeous, upon entering just the lobby, we knew we would come back again! They are currently undergoing a $10million refurb/upgrade, so there is more to come! Lovely rooms, awesome heated spas and pool, tennis & squash courts. You can tell the hotel has had some history, but they have renovated the rooms nicely, only way you know it is an older building is the aircon switch. Very old school ;) but still worked, that's what matters. Even though renos are happening, it really doesn't impact on your stay which is great! Only minutes away from Leura mall and only 5 mins away from Katoomba. Overall definitely recommend Fairmont Resort for a trip to the Blue Mountains :-D

• Stayed November 2012
Also consider these accommodations in or near Leura
The Carrington Hotel
Parklands Country Gardens and Lodges
Echoes Boutique Hotel & Restaurant
Hydro Majestic Blue Mountains
Palais Royale Blue Mountains

Been to Fairmont Resort Blue Mountains - MGallery Collection? Share your experiences!