“Great, cosy!”
Review of Cafe Madeleine

Cafe Madeleine
Ranked #3 of 3 Dessert in Leura
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: I am a chocoholic and traveled 3 weeks in Australia. This was the BEST (by far) chocolate shop I found. Small little place in Leura, but deserves to be on trip advisor. It's great! Please add this!
Reviewed April 29, 2013

Firstly, this place is a bit expensive. However the food is chocolatey goodness and tastes amazing. My friend & i had waffles and a hot chocolate, it was so sweet and scrumptious. Perfect on a cool day. The restuarant itself was cosy but not cramped and the staff were very friendly. And the location is right on the main street. I also recommend Leura Lolly Shop whilst there!

There are newer reviews for Cafe Madeleine

Reviewed February 3, 2013

My self and two other friends went to Cafe Medeleine approx 11am and the inside was empty apart from a couple. we was greeted and and asked what drinks we would like and two coffee's and a large Hot Chocolate was ordered. We looked throught the menu and i ordered the canadian Breakfast and friends ordered Ham and Eggs and two crossiants will hot fillings were ordered by then the inside of the cafe had started to fill up and get a little busy.Our meals arrived in good time my canadian breakfast arrive was unsure wheather the waffles were home made or frozen but other than that very nice. Friend asked for his crossiants to be put under grill again as the cheese had not melted five minutes later arrrived back and cheese still not mealted!!.

Other meal was not that good but ok not as good as last visit !! My friend finished his hot chocolate and requested from staff a jug of hot milk and we carried on with our food ten minutes later still no hot milk and we then asked the male who seem to be doing the washing up and re stacking the glasses and cups he replied "i will sort that for you".

Again 15 minutes later and still no hot milk so requested twice maybe third time lucky we asked another member of staff about the hot milk and she replied really i will chase that for you. Minutes later the hot milk arrived with this Reason the hot milk went to another table and when we looked around we could not see any jugs on any of the tables and there was only about six tables inside so service not that good. Stff need to pay more attention to customers to get repeat business Hot Chocolate was good though.

1  Thank RichieC82
Reviewed January 7, 2013

If you're looking for hot chocolate this place can't be beat. The food is delicious although I sometimes wish there were a few lighter options on the menu as everything is very rich. Nice ambiance. I find this is a good place for brunch.

1  Thank Caitlin O
Reviewed January 7, 2013

I have been to this cafe during other visits to Leura and stopped for lunch once again last week during a visit to the mountains. We had a smoked salmon salad and a ploughmans lunch both of which were excellent and plenty of food for the money. The coffee was very nice and the service very warm and friendly. We sat outside under an umbrella which was lovely. Would recommend to anyone on a visit to Leura.

Reviewed December 29, 2012

We visited as a family of 4 and after ordering various treats - we were not too thrilled with what we saw come from the microwave! Yes reheated frozen waffles and scones.

Service was off handed and almost scornful.

Leura has much better than this - dont fall for it, walk on.