“What polenta??!”

Zest
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, Contemporary, Cafe
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Zest is an informal licensed cafe/restaurant serving Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner in a modern Australian and Mediterranean style. We take pride in using the freshest ingredients to cook up creative dishes. Our wines are sourced from Orange, Mudgee and the Central West and we use our very own coffee blend, which is roasted in the Blue Mountains. All our cakes and desserts are (also) house made. Serving Breakfast (8am till 11.30am) and Lunch (12pm till 3pm) seven days a week and Dinner on Tuesday till Saturday from 5.30pm
Reviewed March 17, 2013 via mobile

They don't serve polenta at Zest and traditionally chorizo is a spicy sausage, if you don't like it don't order it.

1  Thank Melbapeach

Reviewed March 15, 2013

I do enjoy eating at Zest but I do wish they'd stop putting chili into the polenta for breakfast. Spice at breakfast isn't great. Same with chorizo sausage... heartburn much?
Avoid the gluten free bread, it's gritty, like eating birdseed. I think it's the packet 'bake yourself' stuff and it's just yuk. There are better gluten free options out there guys.
Service is always good and friendly, food is always tasty and we love the coffee.
Regular visitors, though haven't yet done evening there.

3  Thank Myst001
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Thought I'd give it a go when it was still called "Fresh" of Leura because I liked their sister café in Katoomba. It didn't have the same atmosphere; in fact it felt a bit clinical. Since then they seem to have picked up their act with good food, more variety and you can now have dinner and wine in the evening as well.

1  Thank Rosada A
Reviewed March 13, 2013

I really like this cafe because the food is great and I love how you can sit down and have a glass of bubbly or a beer with lunch or dinner. I have to say I was surprised to read a review stating the coffee was average as I have visited Zest a couple of times and the coffee was fantastic on both occasions. In fact our company now orders their coffee beans online (try the Papua New Guinea Kimmel)!

Reviewed March 13, 2013

I'd heard the coffee was good. And it definitely is; even better than I make at home which is sadly far from the norm. With coffee the price it is these days it's good to know where to get the good stuff. The only reason I tried the food was 'cos the coffee was good. And I'm glad I did. I didn't know I liked all that middle eastern stuff but oh yes it is oh so delicioso. I know where to go next time I need to refuel after hitting the trails up there in the mountains.