“Quality Food & Great New Venue to the Blue Mountains”
Review of Leura Garage

Leura Garage
Ranked #3 of 43 Restaurants in Leura
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed September 4, 2011

We have visited the Garage several times now and alway the food has been superb. Lively atmosphere and a trendy new addition to the mountains, a welcome addition to the mountains culinary scene, with a modern edge.
The quality and presentation of food excels that of many fine dining restaurants, and is a cheaper option with fine food. They also offer a great selection of wines both local and international by the glass or bottle.
This will certainly be a regular venue for us

1  Thank KatAlex1101
Write a ReviewReviews (1,123)

Reviewed September 3, 2011

very nice and special place for light lunch.We and the children had nice pizza & coffee.Very nice location and enviorment

Reviewed September 2, 2011

I wrote a review in July 2011 that was less than favourable, however a friend organised a birthday dinner for my partner at The Garage. I wasn't really sure what to expect since I wasn't impressed in July. In the intervening period the wait staff seemed to have become more organised though they still appear to be rushed off their feet. We arrived and ordered the antipasto plate to share whilst perusing the menus. The antipasto plate was excellent and was followed by a number of tapas plates. All were superb, tasty and presentation was excellent. We finished off with a pizza and my partner had the baked cheescake. I did not see the wine list but I gather it is very good with a selection of cool climate wines from Orange and Mudgee, a bottle of house white - dry white was consumed and was perfect. The Findley shiraz from Mudgee was equally as good. It was a happy occasion and the restaurant was certainly buzzing and the queue for tables did seem to be moving relatively quickly. I think I will try the The Garage for lunch again and see whether the lunch service is equally as good, though based on the recent dinner I would certainly go back for dinner.

Reviewed August 28, 2011

I've been to the Leura Garage twice now and would thoroughly recommend stopping in. The staff are friendly and accommodating and the food is simple but special, I recommend the antipasto plate, the meatballs and the Venison parcels...and the deserts!

1  Thank daniel s
Reviewed August 24, 2011

We found the Leura Garage while wandering looking for a place to eat lunch. There were plenty of people so we thought this is probably a good place to eat. It was a nice sunny day but there were no free tables outside so we went in and found a lively casual place. It was busy but the service was prompt and friendly. The 4 of us shared the antipasto, the rocket salad, a pasta dish with venison ragu and a meat lover's pizza. Everything was delicious, particularly the antipasto. They also had a great wine list though we got the house red wine, which was very good. We shared a dessert calzone with chocolate and strawberries. Yummy! Good thing we only ordered one - it was huge. I would highly recommend the Leura Garage.

1  Thank Teresa S