“Breakfast”

Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed April 13, 2013

Had a very tasty and good value breakfast here whilst staying in Leura.
Busy and quirky place, great french toast and coffee set us up for the day

Reviewed April 4, 2013

We ate here on Good Friday when we arrived in Leura. Set in an old shop building, the café is quite popular - or was over the weekend. My husband had a soup and I had a toasted pumpkin and feta Panini served with a lovely fresh garden salad. The service was reasonable and we were served our meal in good time. Having enjoyed it so much, we returned on Easter Monday before the lunchtime crowd arrived - we thought! The service was incredibly slow with most of the staff working behind the counter rather than taking orders and serving. Finally we had our order taken after about 10 minutes. I ordered the soup that was offered and my husband an omelette. We waited a further 25 minutes for the food- the soup was not what was offered (being the same as the one my husband had had previously) - one which I would not have chosen. We were racing for a train, having been made very late, I was only able to eat a couple of spoonfulls. A very disappointing experience on this occassion.

Overall I have rated the café well as it was great when not too busy. I would suggest if it looks busy - delay your visit or better still refrain. If not too busy then I am sure you will enjoy the meal as we did on our first visit.

Reviewed April 4, 2013

This place was recommended to us and unfortunately our experience was average. Service was not great, staff somewhat gruff and the wrong order came to us. We had to get our own water despite asking and the glasses had lipstick stains on them and water bottle was dirty.

The food however was nice, we both had melts - they were tasty and ingredients fresh but overpriced for a melt ($14). Though they are probably one of the cheaper options on the mall. Our coffee and milkshake were good.

Perhaps ordering something else from the menu would have been a better option - but we were after something light. A $35 bill for a light lunch left me unsatisfied and feeling overcharged.

Reviewed March 29, 2013

This robust cafe is perfect, especially for those looking for lunch without wine. It is always bursting at the side seams with customers looking anxiously for somewhere to sit. I love the grilled haloumi, poached egg and rocket on sourdough toast. The pies with salad and the hazelnut buttered mushrooms on toast are delicious too. The coffee is very good and in summer I have enjoyed the iced coffee. I prefer to sit indoors, not on the par terre, because indoors' tables are cleaner than the ourdoors' settings.

Reviewed March 28, 2013

Chose this Cafe for lunch after surveying the many options available in the main street of Leura. The Cafe was full of customers, so we were happy to get a table. Hubbie enjoyed a plate of Goats cheese and caramelized Onion Tart ("excellent light pastry") while I had the Zucchini Fritters (3 large golden pancake style fritters - all warm and gooey on the inside!) with Cumin Yoghurt and Salad. Both were great. Meals around $15 a head. Would recommend this Cafe.