“Fresh is a jewel in the mountains top notch 10/10 A+++”
Review of Fresh - CLOSED

Fresh
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Medlow Bath, Australia
“Fresh is a jewel in the mountains top notch 10/10 A+++”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

My favourite cafe in katoomba , i was recently recommended their cafe and i was glad i did i had friends visit from sydney and we went there for pancakes and coffee it was superb the staff were friendly and the chef came out and told me how he was going to make it , it was quite amazing the service was amazing and the prices were quite fair but most of all their coffee was to die for i have been going there now nearly every day getting my daily fresh intake i love that place and i will be back , 10/10

• Visited May 2014
2 Thank medlowbear

Sydney, Australia
“Best in Katoomba!”
Reviewed May 25, 2014

Our family dined at Fresh recently. The food was delicious, service great and the atmosphere was lovely. We met the owners Gary and Sarah ... Gary is the chef and was cooking up a storm. Can't wait to go again ... thanks Fresh! :)

• Visited May 2014
katoomba
“Minimal service, they're trying with the food but …...”
Reviewed May 14, 2014

I sat down and waited for service. My table was cleaned after 15 minutes but the waiter didn't take my order - just went on cleaning other tables. Finally after nearly half an hour my order was taken. The food was awful and after a few mouthfuls I moved it to the edge of my table and finished my coffee. Any waiter worth their salt would have asked if there was anything wrong with the food but despite walking past constantly, they didn't communicate with me at all. Paid and left, wouldn't go back until they get it that they at least need to pay attention to what's happening on their tables.

Visited May 2014
Sydney, Australia
“Best eggs with hollandaise sauce”
Reviewed May 5, 2014

Great place to have breakfast. Everything on the menu looked delicious! I had fried eggs with hollandaise sauce and bacon on sourdough bread. It was absolutely divine.

Small and busy place on the main road in Katoomba.

Visited May 2014
Canberra, Australia
“Awful!”
Reviewed April 20, 2014 via mobile

We must have come in on a bad day for these guys because the service was absolutely awful! My husband and I came in with our 3 year old on Easter Monday for breakfast, and ordered our coffees first when we got ourselves a table. There were a few customers around but no one have us a menu for breakfast. After out coffees arrived we had to remind them of our daughter's babycino and ask for a menu. The babycino came soon after, but still no menu. I had to go look at the menu outside the cafe and my husband was about to do the same when the menu finally came. When no one came to take our order in 10 minutes I went up to the counter to order, and was told that someone will come take my order soon. Another 5 minutes later, we were still waiting, so my husband lined up to order at the counter. Again, he was told that someone would be there in a minute, even when he mentioned that we have been waiting for sometime. Meanwhile, a new table of 4 came in and sat next to us. A few minutes later when the waiter went to take their order before ours, we decided that it was time for us to leave! I can understand service being slow on a busy morning, but surely you would serve the table that has been waiting for almost 30 minutes over the table waiting for 5 minutes?!
I think one of the main guys there could tell we were really annoyed with this, because he was apologetic and didn't charge us for the coffees. This, and the fact that the babycino came with 2 marshmallows (as supposed to one) is the only positive feedback I have to give this place. Even then I wouldn't come back the next time we visit Katoomba. Such a disappointment because we were looking forward to trying it out after reading all the good reviews on trip adviser! We went to Promegranate Cafe instead, and it was fantastic! We ordered and finished eating in 40 minutes.

Gary V, Owner at Fresh, responded to this review, April 25, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review your visit.
I am very sorry that certain aspects were not up to standard. We have clearly fallen short in couple of areas during your visit.
I will address your comments with our staff at our staff meeting. Notwithstanding we endeavour to deliver service at the highest quality, is it disappointing to read this was not the case in your experience.
You are right in reminding us of the competition in katoomba, this only pushes us to do better and to be more mindful. Our reviews have been outstanding and every once in a while, a review like this can be a wakeup call to any business owner.
I hope that you will give us an opportunity to turn around your opinion of our family owned cafe in the future.
Kind regards, Chef and Owners, Gary and Sarah.