“Art Deco”

Ranked #23 of 93 Restaurants in Katoomba
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Reviewed November 7, 2011

Had a really great big breakfast on my first day in Katoomba

Reviewed October 21, 2011

On a recent trip to the Blue Mountains I came across 'Savoy' just looking for a coffee and a bite to keep me going. As you walk in your greeted by a loud, but brilliant art-deco style cafe hosting a crew of smiling staff. I ordered my rather pretentious 'double restretto soy picollo' and it was one of the best I've had my whole trip. When I asked about the beans they buy, I was told that they're bought from a very passionate local guy who roasts them himself! Food wise I ordered the Vegetarian Big Breakfast, it also was beautiful, and cheap at only $11.90 aus. The menu is big enough to cater to anyone and the atmosphere is very relaxed and friendly. Thoroughly enjoyable experience.

Reviewed October 18, 2011

The savoy has really good food however Last time I was there i got the wrong order and the waitress put the drink down at the wrong table

Reviewed September 26, 2011

The food was served in generous portions but the decor left a lot to be desired. We thought at first there was live music but it just turned out to be a diner mucking around with the guitar. There was artwork on the wall (painted by the staff members themselves?!) that was on sale. I found it a little jarring and it didn't match with the interior at all. Maybe they're going for the eclectic feel. Overall, it was an average experience - the food is not spectacular, but something you can rely on to fill you up. It's a trusty option.

3  Thank By_Cy
Reviewed July 20, 2011

I've been visiting the savoy for many years, and seen all the various transitions of staff menus and management. I would recommend it as a reasonable option for standard fare, ok service and good value. Better than mountain ridges that is certain!

2  Thank jennyleetee