“Small, warm, friendly with great food!!!”

Papadino's Katoomba Pizzeria and Family Restaurant
Ranked #17 of 95 Restaurants in Katoomba
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed April 16, 2014

We got directed here by a friendly local for an early dinner. When we arrived we were greater by an older Italian man who made us feel like we were part of the family, he made the kids feel very welcome (giving them pizza dough, a Teflon Matt and a rolling pin and told them to make their best creation) he also directed me to the bottle shop a couple of doors up and suggested a local beer to try (no corkage fee too!!!) from the Badlands Brewery, the Indian pale ale.

Onto the food, we tried an array of Pizza, Pasta and Lamb Kidneys. All of the food was pretty good, with lovely pizza bases and thick rich sauces (the bolognaise was a real favourite). My only criticism of the food was that the lamb kidneys were a little over cooked for my liking, being a tad tough.

This is only a small restaurant, seating maybe 25 people. There was a constant stream of people coming, going and waiting for tables. I suggest you get there early or book. Also, don't forget it is BYO. Hopefully you get the old Italian guy too, he really made my kids' night there.

1  Thank Chuggers317

Reviewed April 14, 2014

We went there a few years ago, just on a drive, and it was wonderful, this time, January 2014 we stayed locally, and took another family there for dinner also, the food was amazing and the menu,it is so large it is hard to choose, pizza or steak as a main. It was so good we took the teenagers back the next night as they wanted to try other dishes, hard to believe kids wanted to go back to a restaurant. yippy. Hubby and I are well traveled but this restaurant is one of the best, family owned and run makes the experience even better, personal service. Off the top of my head it is also BYO - even a better bonus. Enjoy.....

1  Thank penny m
Reviewed March 31, 2014

I could have eaten the Garlic bread all night is was so yummy - so much so, by the time the MASSIVE pizzas arrived, I was nearly full. Took a doggy bag and it made for an even better lunch snack the next day!

1  Thank NZJellybean
Reviewed March 29, 2014 via mobile

I organised a surprise birthday lunch for my sister here. We walked in to this cute Italian restaurant very loud, popping balloons and the staff joined in our fun! The owner is fantastic! We had a 5 year old with us and he brought her out a rolling pin and some dough for her to make shapes with and then cooked for her and gave back to her at the end of our lunch with a lollipop! Food was amazing! So much choice and large gluten free availability which is awesome as we 2 coeliac with us! The staff in the kitchen and at the counter we super helpful with all of our questions about what had gluten and what didn't. Most restaurants just lie but these staff actually went and checked ingredients on packaging to ensure the food was ok for the coeliacs!

Food was very well priced. The boys in our group tried the 1kg steak! One was finished and the other one had to take his home. The steak was amazing. All good was amazing.

I read reviews that staff were rude. I don't believe these reviews at all. The man that runs the place is a lovely Italian man with a sense of humor. We understood his humor and had a laugh with him, I feel some people may mistake his humor for rudeness.

We will definitely be coming back to this restaurant it's our new fave! Thank you so much for our experience and making this day so special for my sister!

1  Thank Liv I
Reviewed March 18, 2014

Great menu selections, friendly staff and the best pizza in the mountains. Would highly recommend for the whole family.