“interesting hats”

The Hatter's Cafe
Ranked #51 of 93 Restaurants in Katoomba
Cuisines: Italian, Australian
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: The Hatter's Cafe prides itself in offering fresh quality meals from locally sourced produce. Enjoy a casual breakfast, choose from a delicious lunch menu or come in anytime for for a great coffee and a selection of desserts
Reviewed August 28, 2014

This is an Aussie café which is on the same premises as their other interest: Aussie gear (drizabones etc.) The food is what you'd expect (reasonable) but I think the prices are far too high.

Reviewed August 22, 2014

We loved the pumpkin and macadamia soup with a bread roll. Just what you need on a cold wet night. Nothing to dislike.

Reviewed August 15, 2014 via mobile

Firstly....firstly....firstly....how long since someone, anyone, has scrubbed the male and female toilets? Really?

The Soup of the day was hot, fresh and well seasoned. Delicious. The (what appeared to be a bake at home roll) was hot n fresh but if it was from a supermarket....didn't belong.

The mushroom risotto. Risotto is made with arborio rice. I have no idea what this was made with but it tasted of bulgur wheat, was tasteless and has water leaking out of it. Add less than 2 sq cms of parmesan on top and it was unappealing.

The owners appear very nice people but restaurants should be left to people with a passion for real food and the ability to strictly supervised what comes out of their kitchen.

Would not return.

Reviewed August 8, 2014 via mobile

Myself, my wife, my brother and partner stumbled in here for brekkie. We were shown a lovely table by the very friendly waitress. She took our drinks order straight away and they came out quite quickly and the coffees were to die for, strong and hot!! Food was beautiful also. We had Canadian breakfast which was very big and tasty, egg and sauteed mushroom dish which was fantastic and two big breakfasts which were huge!! Never ending pile of bacon! My brother even asked for no mushrooms on his brekkie and the lovely waitress said I'll put them in a bowl on the side so if anyone else on the table wants them they can have them! A great gesture. The homemade relish is amazing too.

Overall, would I go back?? If I lived in Katoomba I would eat there every single day of the week!!

Reviewed August 2, 2014

We found Hatter's to be a good restaurant. The food was lovely and the portions generous. The staff even gave my children a book to read while they were waiting for their food. The staff were friendly and I'm surprised at the poor reviews the restaurant has received. One thing which could certainly be improved is the quality and cleanliness of the toilets. They weren't great...