“not quite mad enough” 3 of 5 bubbles

The Hatter's Cafe
Ranked #51 of 89 Restaurants in Katoomba
Cuisines: Cafe, Australian
Good for: Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: The Hatter's Cafe prides itself in offering fresh quality meals from locally sourced produce. Enjoy a casual breakfast, choose from a delicious lunch menu or come in anytime for for a great coffee and a selection of desserts
Wagga Wagga, Australia
“not quite mad enough”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2014

Good food, but given the local competition, not outstanding. The hat shop provided more entertainment!

Visited March 2014
1 Thank mumonroad

Sydney
“Good food, nice ambience and staff.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2014 via mobile

Servings we're good size, value for money, food was tasty and fresh. We had the pie and steak sandwich and hot chocolate was yum!

• Visited March 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Sydney, Australia
“Yummy brunch :)”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2014

My boyfriend and I came here for brunch just yesterday as we were touring around katoomba area, and as we were waiting for our order of the big breakfast, I looked this place up on trip advisor, out of curiosity. There were so many bad reviews! Wow!

Well, my review of this place is quite good.

GOOD POINTS;
The man who served us was polite and friendly,
The food didn't take too long, (approx 15-20 mins, which was right on the border of what we consider a good waiting time, so they just passed the test)
The food and the freshly squeezed orange juice was very delicious.

Bad points;
We decided to sit outside because the inside seemed a bit dark and dreary and the pictures of the men and women wearing funny hats was a bit scary to be honest! hahah.
The table we were at was sticky, and the family behind us asked the man who served us why it was sticky, and he said something about the lacquer on the wood not setting properly..?
So they beat us to the question, haha
I noticed the menu was quite limited which was a little sad, because I like lots of choice.

But I would say all up i'd give this place 3.5-4 stars :)

Would I come back here or reccommend it to a friend?
Sure, why not :)

• Visited March 2014
Sydney, Australia
“Avoid”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2014

Do not eat here.. the food is so disgusting and over priced. I had a smoke chicken risotto which tasted like it was sitting there all day !!!! The response from the waiters was not an apology rather there spill about how there boss would yell at them & how they would get in so much trouble if they wrote the item off the bill...? AVOID

• Visited February 2014
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank E M
“Perfection!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2014 via mobile

WOW so good I can't properly do it justice with mere words. I wasn't expecting much just a casual lunch with my daughter to break up our trip to Bathurst. I'm so very glad this was the cafe we entered! The service the food the atmosphere everything was better than right. Even the simple bread and butter pudding wasn't simple it was phenomenal with that devine orange sauce. I can't recommend this establishment enough and the staff are just lovely. Am defiantly going back to good not to.

1 Thank Misslissy78