Positives: very close to railway station and main street of Katoomba. Breakfast and dinner OK but nothing to get excited about. You eat what is given, no menu choice, if you arrive late you risk not being fed.
Negatives: Rail noise at night can be an issue even though we were in a room the furthest point fromm the rail line. It is very old, dated, run down and smells of mildew. Poor value for money but that seems to be a pattern throughout Katoomba
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Established during the early part of the 1930s in the heart of the beautiful township of Katoomba; the Metropole Guesthouse offers a uniquely historic Blue Mountains accommodation experience, retaining its period character with fine wood panelling and leadlight windows, some overlooking the lovely Kingsford Smith Memorial Park. The hotel is within comfortable walking distance to several key local attractions, specialty stores, dining options, buses and trains. Whether you're escaping for relaxation, adventure or just a bit of culture - The Metropole Guesthouse is the ideal mountain getaway. It's easy to immerse yourself in the senses and flavours of a bygone era; indulge your appetites in our 65 seat, licensed and atmospheric 1930's dining room; relax with a book in our guest library, use our free Wi-Fi or simply sit back and watch the world pass by on one of our many antique lounges... The Metropole Guesthouse can also provide function areas for meetings, conferences, weddings and birthdays. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Metropole Guesthouse reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Metropole Guesthouse Hotel Katoomba
- The Metropole Guesthouse Katoomba, Blue Mountains