we arrived at this hotel around 2pm on Saturday, we were greeting by David who informed us our room was not quite ready yet and he also wanted to fix the lock on the door. This was fine, as we dropped off our bags and went walking for the day.
The guest house was very close the Echo point, around 10-15 mins walk.
It was also 10-15mins walk from the Station and main Street.
We arrived back around 5pm, relaxed in our room, then headed out for the evening.
We had a great nights sleep, quiet, cosy and warm.
The next morning we slept in and missed breakfast but checked out about 10.30am.
The guest house is very quiet but sometimes can hear noises from the next room.
Great for a weekend! Would stay again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Kurrara Guest House was built in 1902 as one of the first guest houses in Katoomba. In 2012, it was handed over to new owners and has undergone a transformation. Our beautiful Mountains Guest House is centrally heated, and offers 3 spa en suites, with 4-poster beds and period furnishings. 5 Upstairs shower en suites are individually decorated and have been recently refurbished. Our guests enjoy relaxing in our communal lounges around Victorian gas log fires and a large screen TV/DVD & library. Enjoy tea & coffee on arrival, and complimentary Port. We offer a full continental breakfast of homemade muesli, cereals, freshly baked bread, fruit, yogurt, and fresh juice. Free wifi is available in all rooms. Kurrara has its own private carpark and off street parking. Situated on a quiet and peaceful corner, surrounded by rhododendrons and mature trees. We are within walking distance to Katoomba town centre and wonderful restaurants, Echo Point and The Three Sisters and the many bushwalks in the surrounding area. We welcome you to stay with us and become part of an 110 year tradition of visitors to Kurrara. You won't want to leave! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Agoda, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets and Hotwire so you can book your Kurrara Historic Guest House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kurrara Guest House Hotel Katoomba
- Kurrara Historic Guest House Katoomba, Blue Mountains