Having arrived in Australia from the UK (mid February 2014) and spent our first 3 nights in Sydney it was great to journey into the stunning Blue Mountain region.
Kurrara house is set in, what we felt, was a nice quite area of Kattomba within easy walking distance of both the town and the Echo point attractions. 1st impressions can often count for a lot and we were not disappointed by this historic accommodation. We were shown around the house and then taken to our room which was clean, comfortable and all we could have asked for during our short stay
Iain was more than happy to help and give us his advice on things to do and where to go to make the most of our couple of days
Breakfast was a good mix of cerials / fruit and fresh continental breads which was more than enough to set us up for the day
When we return to Australia I intent to spend more time in the region and would definately look to come and stay again at the Kurrara
Thank you for your hospitality
Gary and Ness
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Kurrara Guest House was built in 1902 as one of the first guest houses in Katoomba. In 2012, it was handed over to new owners and has undergone a transformation. Our beautiful Mountains Guest House is centrally heated, and offers 3 spa en suites, with 4-poster beds and period furnishings. 5 Upstairs shower en suites are individually decorated and have been recently refurbished. Our guests enjoy relaxing in our communal lounges around Victorian gas log fires and a large screen TV/DVD & library. Enjoy tea & coffee on arrival, and complimentary Port. We offer a full continental breakfast of homemade muesli, cereals, freshly baked bread, fruit, yogurt, and fresh juice. Free wifi is available in all rooms. Kurrara has its own private carpark and off street parking. Situated on a quiet and peaceful corner, surrounded by rhododendrons and mature trees. We are within walking distance to Katoomba town centre and wonderful restaurants, Echo Point and The Three Sisters and the many bushwalks in the surrounding area. We welcome you to stay with us and become part of an 110 year tradition of visitors to Kurrara. You won't want to leave! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Agoda, Hotwire, Priceline and Orbitz so you can book your Kurrara Historic Guest House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kurrara Guest House Hotel Katoomba
- Kurrara Historic Guest House Katoomba, Blue Mountains